The Clarkson attitude to violence

Old December 4th 09, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_3_]

Default The Clarkson attitude to violence

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 00:32:41 +0000
JNugent wrote:

Mike Causer wrote:

Don't pay good money to buy this DVD (didn't really think this parish
would, but there have been some new parishoners recently), there's only
one good sequence on it IMO, the Bullitt chase. I might copy the
soundtrack of "C'était un rendez-vous" though.....

shrug

What *did* you watch it for?

Cars.

I'm a commited cyclist now, but I raced the things for about 30 years.
I think that gives me an idea of what is and is not possible in a four
wheeled, mechanicaly propelled vehicle. Bullitt looks very real to me,
except where McQueen tries to punt the baddies off the road. All the
others are very false. Yeah, OK, that green Beetle appears a lot, but just ow many

"Real" in the sense of Yank tanks of course. Give me a Lotus and they
won't see which way I went. Wouldn't like to get into a banging match
though.

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old December 4th 09, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Dec 3, 11:33 pm, Marc wrote:

If you want a car chase
argue about "The Italian Job" , "Ronin" or " French Connection"

Or The Blues Brothers, which is 50% pastiche.
--
Guy

As it's the panto season there is always the ice driving sequence in
James Bond (or the snow one or, or, or)

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle
Old December 4th 09, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

On 4 Dec, 12:31, Mike Causer wrote:

Cars. *

I'm a commited cyclist now, but I raced the things for about 30 years.
--
Mike Causer

are the two mutually incompatible?
Old December 4th 09, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_3_]

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:59:59 -0800 (PST)
Sir Jeremy wrote:

On 4 Dec, 12:31, Mike Causer wrote:

Cars. *

I'm a commited cyclist now, but I raced the things for about 30 years.

are the two mutually incompatible?

Not in my view. One of my bikes was designed and built by one of
Lotus's early designers, Peter Ross. Three others came from Alex
Moulton, whose connection with the Mini and other BMC/BL/Rover cars is
well known (and I loved my Mini-Cooper S in the 1970s :-).

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old December 4th 09, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_3_]

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:16:13 -0000
"Mr Benn" wrote:

C'_tait un rendez-vous is a classic and is recommended viewing even thought
it's only a few minutes in length.

The TG version cuts before the car stops where the girl is waiting,
which is a shame. Wikipedia suggests that the camera car was a
Mercedes, but the soundtrack is a Ferrari. If that's true they
are /very/ well matched. The car sounds much more like a V12 than a V8
to me, and I think that all large Mercs of the era were automatic, BICBW.

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old December 4th 09, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 23:36:43 +0000, Mike Causer
wrote:

Don't pay good money to buy this DVD (didn't really think this parish
would, but there have been some new parishoners recently), there's only
one good sequence on it IMO, the Bullitt chase. I might copy the
soundtrack of "C'était un rendez-vous" though.....

Some people think that they are just a bunch of overgrown schoolboys.
But actually the Hamster is a short arse.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc
GPG public key at http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old December 4th 09, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_3_]

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 22:14:28 +0000
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

Some people think that they are just a bunch of overgrown schoolboys.

Clarkson has previous. In the days when I still bought "Car" magazine,
and before TG was on the idiot-box, he had a column that was
entertaining in the same styleee. And unfactual ITSS. I still think
he's funny though, it's sad that he's taken so seriously. But when
your first vote in a general election was in Enoch Powell's
constituency it does pale somewhat.

But actually the Hamster is a short arse.

Ahh, Duck's Disease (C) Spine Millington.

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old December 4th 09, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_3_]

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 00:55:29 -0800 (PST)
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

Or The Blues Brothers, which is 50% pastiche.

I think Sir means 100%.

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old December 5th 09, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

Some people think that they are just a bunch of overgrown schoolboys.

Clarkson has previous. *In the days when I still bought "Car" magazine,
and before TG was on the idiot-box, he had a column that was
entertaining in the same styleee. *And unfactual ITSS. *I still think
he's funny though, it's sad that he's taken so seriously. *But when
your first vote in a general election was in Enoch Powell's
constituency it does pale somewhat.

But actually the Hamster is a short arse.

Ahh, Duck's Disease *(C) Spine Millington.

Mike
--
Mike Causer

You might well have bought "Car", but you wouldn't have read Clarkson
as he was in "Performance Car". The reason Clarkson is taken
"seriously" is because he's the antidote to the sort of anti-car ****
that Chapman peddles on crapmancentral. I don't agree with everything
he says and much if not most of it is tongue in cheek, but am totally
in tune with the sentiments expressed.

As to the Hamster, he can't help being a short-arse really can he?
Old December 5th 09, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_2_]

Mike Causer wrote in
news:20091204214137.8c8e7f49.m.r.causer@goglemail. com:

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:16:13 -0000
"Mr Benn" wrote:

C'_tait un rendez-vous is a classic and is recommended viewing even
thought it's only a few minutes in length.

The TG version cuts before the car stops where the girl is waiting,
which is a shame.

I managed to find a full copy of the film on the net.

Jeremy Clarkson attitude to cyclists [email protected] UK 43 September 28th 09 06:50 PM
Clarkson? John Clayton UK 28 March 13th 08 08:02 AM
Clarkson in The Sun again. Simon Mason UK 3 December 29th 05 11:31 AM
J.Clarkson & the law sothach UK 27 October 8th 05 10:37 AM
Clarkson goes off on one. Simon Mason UK 66 May 30th 04 09:00 PM