Is anyone clean?

Old June 7th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Is anyone clean?

Tom Kunich wrote:
It's always a fight - don't eat chocolate or limp around with gout. Or
find a source of Belgian stuff.......

Dumbass,
We're all looking for a source for belgian stuff, that mexican **** is no
good.

Old June 7th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I'm absolutely certain that the majority of riders have at least some
questionable pharmacological additions. BUT that isn't the same as
doping.

And that's the thin line^^ Now I agree, especially morally that the
current Doping lists and regulations are a criminal disgrace. I also
think that the riders need protection from overzealous legislation.

Most of the stuff they're using doesn't really have performance
enhancing capacity. For instance - although everyone in endurance AND
strength sports is taking human growth hormone, none of the studies
have shown any effects from the stuff that are claimed. Granted that in
the studies they didn't use the massive amounts that cheaters are
using, one would normally expect at least a relative indication. And
the indications were zero.

Well, the big equalizer is EPO/Blood packing. It's probably the best
working drug for cyclists. Even a guy like me can feel the difference.
I did a heigth stage in Swiss Alps a year ago... the effect was indeed
eye-popping.

Epo/bloodpacking is that and more (as it is "medically" controlled).
The infamous "shake a racer every 15 minutes or he dies" epoch has
passed, but this modern day vampirism makes me uncomfortable.

Old June 7th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tuschinski wrote:

Well, the big equalizer is EPO/Blood packing. It's probably the best
working drug for cyclists. Even a guy like me can feel the difference.
I did a heigth stage in Swiss Alps a year ago... the effect was indeed
eye-popping.

The problem is that altitude training requires a month or six weeks in
order to have serious effects. Most people I talk to tell me that they
stayed a couple of days to "aclimate to altitude" an then get man when
I laugh.

Epo/bloodpacking is that and more (as it is "medically" controlled).
The infamous "shake a racer every 15 minutes or he dies" epoch has
passed, but this modern day vampirism makes me uncomfortable.

It makes me feel pretty uncomfortable as well. You'll notice that we
haven't seen any articles on Hct since the 50% limit. That suggests to
me that if you look at all of the guys on the starting line at this
year's Tour you'd see everyone at 49.8%

Old June 7th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

The problem is that altitude training requires a month or six weeks in
order to have serious effects. Most people I talk to tell me that they
stayed a couple of days to "aclimate to altitude" an then get man when
I laugh.

We lived over 1750 metres over a month

Epo/bloodpacking is that and more (as it is "medically" controlled).
The infamous "shake a racer every 15 minutes or he dies" epoch has
passed, but this modern day vampirism makes me uncomfortable.

It makes me feel pretty uncomfortable as well. You'll notice that we
haven't seen any articles on Hct since the 50% limit. That suggests to
me that if you look at all of the guys on the starting line at this
year's Tour you'd see everyone at 49.8%

I expect the same. I think the majority will be between 48-52% Now that
in itself makes me wonder. BUT... and that is always the problem with
this, maybe all pro's have a natural high Hematocrit.... suspicion is
no proof

Old June 8th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:

I have no idea whether or not you have a substance
abuse problem as posted by another, but it could well explain your
irrationality and vitriol. All kibitzing aside, you need help Tom. I hope
you get it.

stop, you're making me nostalgic.

Spring clean elyob UK 6 February 18th 06 10:06 AM
how do you clean tandem timing chains? [email protected] Techniques 12 October 5th 05 06:28 PM
How can there be clean riders in the top 20, 30 places? [email protected] Racing 7 August 26th 05 06:29 AM
RR: I take it all back.. CLEAN YOUR BIKE! hippy Australia 23 February 24th 05 10:03 PM