how scratched is your trials uni

Old June 23rd 04, 01:32 AM
dubmuni2004

Default how scratched is your trials uni

hey i want to know how scratched your trials uni is, because im getting
one and it will have a paint job. so i dont want to put something
glamorus on it if its going to get all beat up. so please let me know!

--
dubmuni2004 - bike? where, i dont see one.

I dont have a signature
dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

Old June 23rd 04, 01:35 AM
James_Potter

Mine is pretty darned scratched. But you can still see everything that's
on it, so you can still get a cool paint job.

--
James_Potter - Rettop_Semaj

-If there was an eleventh commandment, it is to be "thou shalt dip thy
pizza, for it is, wicked."-
--Thedan

Old June 23rd 04, 01:55 AM
sabin_a.

My ride is not really scratched up, but you could tell.
Besides, who wants a unicycle thats not scratched? scratches shows you
are hardcore.

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - close to expert

"Could god microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Old June 23rd 04, 02:42 AM
andrew_carter

Scratches on anything, not just unicycles, give them character. My
frame is reasonably scratched...the cranks and pedals are becoming very
scratched.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Two unicycling years old.

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

Old June 23rd 04, 06:51 AM
gerblefranklin

A picture's worth a thousand words.

| Attachment filename: onza scratches.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/218879|

gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
out?

Old June 23rd 04, 11:43 AM
joe

I got my trials powdercoated last year, and it has lasted great.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that my trials has had quite a few run
ins with rocks in the past! (Simon! :P)

The paint is starting to come off in places, but as it has been said, it
give your ride character.

Hope it looks good....

Joe,

--
joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

*www.cool.unicyclist.com*

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'SIXSIXONE' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Old June 23rd 04, 05:55 PM
jagur

gerblefranklin wrote:
*A picture's worth a thousand words. *

really? i only see one.

--
jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

[image:
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums...get_Your_Life-

Old June 23rd 04, 05:57 PM
johnfoss

sabin_a. wrote:
*Besides, who wants a unicycle thats not scratched? scratches shows
you are hardcore. *

Or that you load your unicycle in and out of the car with other
unicycles a lot. That's how mine get scratched. I'm definitely not as
hardcore out on the trail, where I try to avoid letting the paint get
scratched by rocks & things...

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Beer me." -- Scot Cooper, at the end of a group ride all the way up and
all the way down Mt. Diablo (3300'), a 20 mile round trip of road and
trail.

Old June 23rd 04, 05:59 PM
James_Potter

I just got new pedals, and they're all pretty and shiny. I don't like
them this way.
As soon as I get some grind plates they'll all look better.

Old June 23rd 04, 09:53 PM
gerblefranklin

jagur wrote:
*really? i only see one. *

Look closer. If you highlight the pic it turns into the first 12 pages
of the script of the king and I, except in type 2 font. Hard to read but
doable .