Causing death by dangerous cycling gets approval

Old April 10th 11, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Causing death by dangerous cycling gets approval

Should have been on the books years ago
You should read the wriggling by the cyclist groups, just like on here.
What is the matter with them?, stay off the pavements, ride sensibly and
don't run into people and the law won't be used, will it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...rnment-support

Old April 11th 11, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Apr 10, 6:26*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Should have been on the books years ago
You should read the wriggling by the cyclist groups, just like on here.
What is the matter with them?, stay off the pavements, ride sensibly and
don't run into people and the law won't be used, will it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...ngerous-cyclin...

Love this comment on Daily Mail site

"Hi there, I thought I was an intelligent life form but there is
something I just can't understand. I've been examining your corner of
the Earth for sometime but I just dont get it? Some Earthlings ride
around in large metal boxes, these metal boxes or "cars" are big noisy
things that damage the roads they run on that spew out gasses which
harm the environment.

There are so many of them that sometimes they all get stuck and can't
go anywhere they also run into each other and kill the Earthlings
inside and sometimes outside too. Some other Earthlings use small two
wheeled things call "bikes" they are light and efficient and keep the
Earthlings that use them fit and healthy which means they spend less
time in hospital which is good for everyone.

Very rarely they hurt other Earthlings but nowhere near as often as
those big metal boxes. It seems to this little alien that the "bikes"
are actually quite a good idea I can't understand why most of the
Earthlings seem to hate them!"

Read mo http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1JFJ0dnBH

--
Simon Mason
Old April 11th 11, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 11/04/2011 20:52, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 10, 6:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

You have just confirmed the opinion of some that cycling only looks like a
good idea to residents of another planet.

Which one are *you* on?
Old April 11th 11, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

Read mohttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...angerous-cycli...

You have just confirmed the opinion of some that cycling only looks like a
good idea to residents of another planet.

Which one are *you* on?

A few days ago I thought he was loosing it, now I am sure he has lost
it.
Old April 11th 11, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On Apr 10, 6:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

Judging by his pathetic attempts to claim that cyclists pay Road Tax, he
lost it ages ago.

Old April 12th 11, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Apr 10, 6:26 pm, * *wrote:
[...]

Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

See Janet in her car.
Janet has never paid "road tax" in her life.
Cyclist John pays it all.
The cyclist John pays "road tax", the driver Janet does not.

--
Simon Mason
Old April 12th 11, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

snip

Cyclist John is a ****wit. People call him Simple.

--
Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
A total disreagrd for the well-being of vulnerable road users.

Old April 12th 11, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Apr 10, 6:26*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Should have been on the books years ago
You should read the wriggling by the cyclist groups, just like on here.
What is the matter with them?, stay off the pavements, ride sensibly and
don't run into people and the law won't be used, will it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...ngerous-cyclin...

You source says... "In 2009, the last year for which road death
statistics have been collated, no pedestrians were killed by cyclists
whereas 426 died in collisions with motor vehicles."

Actually I think the new legislation is a good idea as it would apply
the same 'soft' laws to cyclists as there are for motorists at
present. So, instead of the cyclist being done for manslaughter, max
life, he will get dangerous cycling instead, max 14 years. OTOH,
motorists who kill cyclists will still be given the same 'soft'
option.

Also note that cyclists CAN NOT kill motorists so the whole thing is
still a bit one sided. It would be much simpler if the same laws
applied to road users as they do elsewhere, i.e. manslaughter,
aggravated assault, where an offence under section 18 carries a
maximum penalty of life imprisonment, etc.

Why on earth are road users singled out for special treatment when it
comes to killing or injuring people? Alternatively road laws could be
applied everywhere so that, for example, causing death by dangerous
knifing would carry a maximum penalty of 14 years instead of life.

Its long overdue time that these anomalies were sorted and the pro-
motoring bias removed once and for all.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Old April 12th 11, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 12/04/2011 09:15, Simon Mason wrote:

On Apr 10, 6:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

Janet owns the car.
Janet as the owner/keeper has to pay 'road tax'
Cyclist John gives the money to Janet
The cyclist John does not pay "road tax", the driver/owner/keeper Janet
does.

Or

See Janet in her car.
Janet has never paid "road tax" in her life.
Cyclist John is the owner/keeper of the car.
The cyclist John (owner/keeper of the car) pays "road tax", the driver
Janet does not.
Old April 12th 11, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 12/04/2011 11:55, Doug wrote:
On Apr 10, 6:26 pm, wrote:
[...]

Why do you only consider cyclist hurting motorists & never cyclists
hurting pedestrians?