A cyclist has had a “lucky” escape after suffering a cardiac at Velolife cafe

Old December 3rd 19, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default A cyclist has had a “lucky” escape after suffering a cardiac at Velolife cafe

QUOTE:
"A cyclist has had a “lucky” escape after suffering a cardiac at Velolife cafe, with strangers and the owner rushing to his aid.

Taran Panesar was out on a club ride with fellow members of the Maidenhead and District Cycling Club on Sunday October 27 when he collapsed at the cafe, suffering a cardiac arrest.

A nurse and her partner, who were at the cafe, acted swiftly along with Lee Goodwin the owner of Velolife to administer CPR.

Paramedics then arrived within minutes, using a defibrillator to restart his heart before transferring him to the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading."

WELL DONE, ALL!

Read more at https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...rP2fypc2lpm.99
Old December 3rd 19, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 03/12/2019 12:45, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"A cyclist has had a “lucky” escape after suffering a cardiac at Velolife cafe, with strangers and the owner rushing to his aid.

Taran Panesar was out on a club ride with fellow members of the Maidenhead and District Cycling Club on Sunday October 27 when he collapsed at the cafe, suffering a cardiac arrest.

A nurse and her partner, who were at the cafe, acted swiftly along with Lee Goodwin the owner of Velolife to administer CPR.

Paramedics then arrived within minutes, using a defibrillator to restart his heart before transferring him to the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading."

WELL DONE, ALL!

Read more at https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...rP2fypc2lpm.99

I saved a neighbour earlier this year using CPR. Everyone should

learn how to do it, IMO.

--
Bod
Old December 3rd 19, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 12:49:00 PM UTC, Bod wrote:
[...]

BP used to give us refresher training on it every two years.