BiGHA Comments

Old November 13th 03, 10:49 AM
The late lamented Pikey

Default BiGHA Comments

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

Ask a simple question and I get such rude and offensive responses.

Could the fact that you persist in asking the question long after it becomes
plain that no-one else gives a toss have anything to do with it, do you
suppose.

The late lamented Pikey
Nomad

Old November 13th 03, 01:07 PM
Edward Wong

Let's see, you defend tooth and nail a bike that you don't own and WILL
NOT BUY. I ask why people would buy this bike, and you, who WILL NOT BUY
one, keep answering. You keep telling us how great this bike is, but you
WILL NOT BUY one. I want to hear from people who have bought one, why
they did. Not from someone who WILL NOT BUY one.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason."
Oscar Wilde

I see that the main point of this discussion has flown over your head
like the proverbial P-38 (not the recumbent). There is no sense in
perpetuating this conversation. Good bye Lorenzo.

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL
Old November 13th 03, 02:05 PM
mike s

Steve: Well said. Whatever happened to "I may not agree with what
you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"? I am not
a Bigha fan. so, I won't buy. What other people want to do with
their money is their business. I don't own an SUV but that doesn't
mean others have problems splurging on these big, obnoxious,
gas-guzzling.........oops, got carried away there. I don't think that
this bike will replace Bacchetta (or even Cycle Genius), nor will it
take the recumbent world to a new level of acceptance, but so what.
Those who buy, more power to you. Those who don't (like me), we will
be content with our Barcrofts, Visions, T-bones, or whatever. There
is room for all.

Mike S.
St. Louis, Mo

Barcroft Virginia
BArcroft Columbia
RANS Rocket.
Old November 13th 03, 07:24 PM
TJ Theismen

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message ink.net...

Have you ridden any other recumbents before buying a Bigha? Or since?
Why did you decide to spend that much when there are other much cheaper
bikes that are in the same class? In what way is this bike superior to
similar but much less expensive bikes? In what way is this bike the
equal to similarly priced but much higher performance bikes? Does that
voice in your head often tell you to spend that kind of money?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

You seem to think bikes are simply classed by weight and cost without
any other variables, when in fact there are many.

The quality, comfort and style of the Bigha I find to be unequaled.
And of course, nobody else even has the electronics, which are a
blast.

I've seen and tried many other recumbents: some I've ridden 50+ miles,
so I have a great idea what they have to offer. In my mind, none of
the bikes I tried compares to my Bigha. I think you have to look at
the bike to get a sense of the quality. You just get the sense that
this one is made better, and that they thought of absolutely
everything.

You may consider $3,000 to be too expensive, but I think it's a good
deal. That's all that matters to me.
Old November 17th 03, 10:03 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Lawrence Turner wrote:

Congrats TJ. Glad you like the new bike, and on behalf of everyone
here at A.R.B.R., THANK YOU for getting L.L.L. to shut it for once.

Looks like someone finally answered his question ("have you paid $3000
for a Bigha?")!! Good work my friend!

That's all it took, someone to honestly answer a simple question, even
though it was an entirely subjective answer with no qualitative data.
One whole person actually bought this bike. What a groundswell of support!

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"Americans are broad-minded people. They'll accept the fact that a
person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a
newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive there's something wrong with him."
Art Buchwald

Old November 18th 03, 07:41 AM
Lawrence Turner

What bike isn't purchased on subjective opinions? Life is no
mathematical formula: we all have different tastes. If a guy paid
$3000 for his Bigha, and likes it, then I'd say it's a pretty good
deal, wouldn't you?

Old November 18th 03, 02:46 PM
JEGARH

Originally posted by Tj Theismen "Lorenzo L. Love"
wrote in message

You may consider $3,000 to be too expensive, but I think it's a good
deal. That's all that matters to me.

Well said, LLL.

Something is worth what you are willing to pay for it.

If you have to worry about the price then you can't afford it.

Jerry

Old November 18th 03, 07:54 PM
JEGARH

JEGARH [/i]
[b][quote][i]Originally posted by Tj Theismen wrote:
"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message
You may consider $3,000 to be too expensive, but I think it's a good
deal. That's all that matters to me.

Well said, TJ.
Something is worth what you are willing to pay for it.
If you have to worry about the price then you can't afford it.
Jerry

OOPs I meant TJ as shown above.

Old November 18th 03, 08:05 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

wrote in message

You may consider $3,000 to be too expensive, but I think it's a good
deal. That's all that matters to me.

Well said, LLL.

Something is worth what you are willing to pay for it.

If you have to worry about the price then you can't afford it.

Jerry

I didn't write any of the above. If you are in the habit of paying twice
what things are worth, then it will not be long before you can not
afford anything. But even if you are so wealthy that the money doesn't
matter, there is an ethical consideration. Look at it this way: You can
spend $3000 and brag to your neighbors about how much you spent or you
can buy a comparative bicycle for half as much and quietly give the
difference to charity. Conspicuous consumption or helping the needy. We
know what the typical American would come down firmly on the side of
conspicuous consumption. What would Jesus do?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"There is enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed."
Mohandas K. Gandhi

Old November 18th 03, 09:46 PM
Rich Westerman

We
know what the typical American would come down firmly on the side of
conspicuous consumption. What would Jesus do?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

uh oh! heretical thread time:

what (recumbent) would jesus drive?

--

rich

"After ecstasy, laundry." - Zen writing

new Bigha web site... Ernest General 11 November 30th 03 01:41 PM
BiGHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 1 September 28th 03 08:03 AM
BigHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 2 September 28th 03 01:50 AM