Yet another cyclist ploughs into a parked car.

Old February 4th 20, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Yet another cyclist ploughs into a parked car.

On 04/02/2020 15:32, JNugent wrote:
On 20/01/2020 15:33, MrCheerful wrote:

In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision with
a parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and life-threatening
injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he remains.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

It was the car's fault, I expect.

This one was the driver:

Three people arrested after a cyclist was killed in a suspected
hit-and-run crash have been released under investigation, police said.

The man was struck by a car on National Avenue in Hull at about 21:00
GMT on Wednesday and died later in hospital.

Two men and a woman were arrested on Thursday after police found a car
believed to be involved in the collision parked in a street.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-51331552

--
Bod
Old February 4th 20, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/02/2020 15:41, Bod wrote:

[...]

They were all three driving, were they?

Too many cooks...
Old February 4th 20, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 04/02/2020 15:47, JNugent wrote:
On 04/02/2020 15:41, Bod wrote:

[...]

Ever thought of going into standup comedy?

PS: I wouldn't bother.
BTW, While we're being silly, who mentioned cooks?

--
Bod
Old February 5th 20, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/02/2020 15:41, Bod wrote:

[...]

Even trying hard, I couldn't be as funny as you and a few other regulars
are when you're trying to be serious.

PS: I wouldn't bother.

I know you wouldn't. And you are wise in not bothering.

BTW, While we're being silly, who mentioned cooks?

Do you know what an analogy is?

Of course you don't.

Do you know what a proverb is?

No, of course you don't.

Now... any idea why three people should be arrested for a single
suspected hit and run crash?

Were they all driving one vehicle?

If not, why would all three be arrested?

PS: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/to...poil-the-broth
Old February 5th 20, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 3:41:23 PM UTC, Bod wrote:
[...]

I posted that story on 1FEB20 under:

"Three arrests over Hull cyclist's crash death"
Old February 5th 20, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 04/02/2020 15:41, Bod wrote:

[...]

Â*
Â* Ever thought of going into standup comedy?

Even trying hard, I couldn't be as funny as you and a few other regulars
are when you're trying to be serious.

PS: I wouldn't bother.

I know you wouldn't. And you are wise in not bothering.

BTW, While we're being silly, who mentioned cooks?

Do you know what an analogy is?

Of course you don't.

Do you know what a proverb is?

No, of course you don't.

Now... any idea why three people should be arrested for a single
suspected hit and run crash?

Were they all driving one vehicle?

If not, why would all three be arrested?

PS: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/to...poil-the-broth

Possibly because they didn't know who was the driver, so they'd all

be arrested on susicion. Also collusion could be an arrestable offence.

--
Bod

Old February 5th 20, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 05/02/2020 12:12, JNugent wrote:

Did they arrest you as well?

If not, why not?

After all, if the police cannot identify the driver, it could have been
anyone, including you. Should we all expect an eventual knock on the door?

Well, you come from Liverpool so I guess you're always looking over your
shoulder.

I hope the arrested persons each have access to good legal advice.

I expect that after years of experience the police have decided that it
is easier to work out what was what when they take them to be
interviewed separately at the police station rather than inviting them
to have a chat at a pub.

Old February 5th 20, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/02/2020 16:58, Bod wrote:
On 04/02/2020 15:47, JNugent wrote:

They were all three driving, were they?

Too many cooks...

Ever thought of going into standup comedy?

It might be an improvement over his turns at telepathy.
Old February 6th 20, 03:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 05/02/2020 20:06, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/02/2020 12:12, JNugent wrote:

Did they arrest you as well?

If not, why not?

After all, if the police cannot identify the driver, it could have
been anyone, including you. Should we all expect an eventual knock on
the door?

Well, you come from Liverpool so I guess you're always looking over your
shoulder.

I hope the arrested persons each have access to good legal advice.

I expect that after years of experience the police have decided that it
is easier to work out what was what when they take them to be
interviewed separately at the police station rather than inviting them
to have a chat at a pub.

Arresting a person without having reasonable suspicion that the arrested
person has committed (not "might have committed") an arrestable offence
is... an unlawful arrest.

It is impossible (for a normal person) to reasonably believe that each
of three persons was driving a single motor vehicle (or riding a single
bicycle) at a particular moment.

It might be possible for someone like you to believe it. But probably not.