Camelbak reservoir stored in freezer - question.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 22nd 05, 06:27 PM
Paul Rose

Default Camelbak reservoir stored in freezer - question.

Hi All

Having just bought a camelbak I understand its a good idea, once cleaned, to
store the reservoir in the freezer until needed. Apparently this prevents
any nasties growing in it!

A question for anybody out there who stores theirs in the freezer - do you
store all the 'bits' in the freezer too? By 'bits' I mean the tubing, mouth
piece and valve, screw cap and the white rubber (?) washer/seal that fits
around it.

I was wondering if any of the above, apart from the reservoir, would become
brittle or damaged?

Thanks,

Regards, Paul - with a clean and sterilised camelbak waiting to decide
whether to put the lot in the freezer ;o)
My Lake District walking site:
www.lakelandwalker.co.uk