Today's Ride

Old December 3rd 03, 09:52 AM
Arthur Clune

Default Today's Ride

Nick Kew wrote:
: But they same kind of comments are made *in all seriousness* about men;
: things like the BBC's "womens hour" takes our inferiority for granted.

I always wonder when I hear this sort of stuff. In a previous life [1] I
always used to listen to women's hour before getting out of bed. I never
found it to "take men's inferiority for granted". Sometimes it had
provactive guests on, but that's not the same at all.

With no offence to you Nick, but the people that I have met in person who
witter on about "men being demeaned" (etc) tend to have somewhat old-fashioned
attitudes and/or don't see where men are advantaged. You of course may be
different - that's just the people I've met.

Arthur

[1] Working as a research fellow in maths. Nice job. Now I have to get up
in the mornings. Sigh.

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook
Old December 3rd 03, 11:59 AM
Dave Kahn

Peter Clinch wrote in message ...

But back to animal portage, I note that the upcoming issue of VeloVision
(due in a couple of days) has a cover picture and feature article on
transporting dogs by bike. I imagine some of it may be applicable to
cats to a degree.

Pretty hard to get a cat to tow the bike along though.

--
Dave...
Old December 3rd 03, 12:03 PM
Dave Kahn

"Arthur Clune" wrote in message ...

The one that *really* confused him was when I moved to the house next
door but one....

Kept finding his way back, did he? :-)

--
Dave...
Old December 3rd 03, 12:38 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Various sexes?????

This is the 21st century - one is open-minded ;-)

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old December 3rd 03, 12:49 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

In ,
Arthur Clune typed:
Nick Kew wrote:
But they same kind of comments are made *in all seriousness* about
men; things like the BBC's "womens hour" takes our inferiority for
granted.

I always wonder when I hear this sort of stuff. In a previous life
[1] I always used to listen to women's hour before getting out of
bed. I never found it to "take men's inferiority for granted".
Sometimes it had
provactive guests on, but that's not the same at all.

I agree some of the guests are provocative, but also the tone of the
presenting is also pushing an agenda, which while not quite anti-male is
certainly pushing a larger agenda than just that of equality of opportunity
for women. e.g. Its coverage of a recent high-profile court case* was
distinctly in the tone of "Why are these people oppressing women's rights?"
instead of finding any merit in it.

*I won't mention the subject, as it'd only start another flame war. It's
within the last 10 days, and not the Huntley trial.

Old December 3rd 03, 02:40 PM
David Nutter

Nick Kew said:

But they same kind of comments are made *in all seriousness* about men;
things like the BBC's "womens hour" takes our inferiority for granted.

Oh, I don't believe they're as po-faced as people think. They've run spots
on the joys of Hostess trolleys and an analysis of "Yo Momma" insults in a
feminist context for example.

Regards,

-david

Long wet Coker ride, with metaphorical nettles Mikefule Unicycling 9 August 7th 04 09:33 AM
Cades Cove Loop Ride... chirokid Unicycling 14 November 3rd 03 12:55 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM
Almost epic muni ride john_childs Unicycling 17 September 28th 03 04:21 AM
2003 RSVP (post ride ramblings) William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 02:07 AM