I went for a ride today

Old July 30th 05, 01:00 AM
small change

Default I went for a ride today

....with my hubby. It's been pushing high 90's around here but 9:30 am is not
much of an early start. We hit the trails at Riverside, for 12 miles of fast
singletrack spinning. We found that if we stayed close to the river, in the
shade and kept moving, it wasn't too hot.

Penny

Old July 30th 05, 05:23 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-30, small change penned:
...with my hubby. It's been pushing high 90's around here but 9:30
am is not much of an early start. We hit the trails at Riverside,
for 12 miles of fast singletrack spinning. We found that if we
stayed close to the river, in the shade and kept moving, it wasn't
too hot.

Sounds wonderful to me. Stupid wrist is still sprained enough to keep
me off the bike.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old July 30th 05, 07:01 PM
Raptor

small change wrote:
...with my hubby. It's been pushing high 90's around here but 9:30 am is not
much of an early start. We hit the trails at Riverside, for 12 miles of fast
singletrack spinning. We found that if we stayed close to the river, in the
shade and kept moving, it wasn't too hot.

Penny

Take plenty of hydro, splah on some SPF-30+, ride in the same conditions
2-3 times a week, and 90 doesn't feel so hot anymore.

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

Old July 30th 05, 10:08 PM
BB

On 2005-07-30, small change penned:
...with my hubby. It's been pushing high 90's around here but 9:30
am is not much of an early start. We hit the trails at Riverside,
for 12 miles of fast singletrack spinning. We found that if we
stayed close to the river, in the shade and kept moving, it wasn't
too hot.

Nice to have a riding buddy in the house! I've totally lost all my riding
buds to various other things (one became a road racer, one bought a farm,
a few moved to other towns), and I find it hard to justify anything but
the nearby fireroad for just myself...and its getting kind of boring after
a few hundred rides!

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address
Old August 1st 05, 06:03 PM
JD

small change wrote:
...with my hubby. It's been pushing high 90's around here but 9:30 am is not
much of an early start. We hit the trails at Riverside, for 12 miles of fast
singletrack spinning. We found that if we stayed close to the river, in the
shade and kept moving, it wasn't too hot.

It's been weird-hot for SoCal lately, though I've managed to rack up
quite a few miles on my own the last week. Maybe a ride in El Moro and
a dip in the ocean right afterwards is in order for today...

JDirt n dive

Old August 3rd 05, 01:41 PM

I go for a ride every day. Even on my day off.