RTL - Shaved legs?

Old June 12th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclist.ca

Default RTL - Shaved legs?

Maybe I will half commit and only shave one leg, or shave from my ankle
to halfway up my shin.

--
unicyclist.ca

http://www.Unicyclist.ca
Old June 12th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

I shaved my head. I'm positive it makes me faster. I also shaved
my........not going there.

--
mscalisi

Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha

Old June 12th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Russtynail

I am not about to let my 17 years of growing my manley leg hair go to
waste now! although, I do wish my leg hair wasnt so thick, maybe it
just needs a trim, instead of a shave...

--
Russtynail

* Unicycle For Christ *
Old June 12th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

i shaved my legs every year for cross country and track. nothing feels
better than smooth legs. you almost feel sexy.

--
catinabag1

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rules!

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old June 12th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Any bike racers in here? So far we have about five different reasons for
shaved legs. My understanding was it was to keep from getting hairs in
your road rash. More chances of infection and harder (more painful) to
clean the wounds. I agree this leaves your arms still hairy, but I
guess legs get more road rash and/or arms aren't "cool" to shave in the
bicycling world.

As for me, I grew facial hair specifically for the race, and for my
legs, I plan to wear leg armor for the Criterium race and otherwise
have minimal crashes during RTL.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old June 12th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
flowerpower

Remove hair from legs, yes. But I have found that a completely
hairless taint can increase saddle comfort and make riding long
distances on unicycle much more fun and I dare say, faster. And, no .
shaving doesn't work down there with all the nooks and crannys. Any
of you RTL riders going to the wax spa before the race??

Flo Po

--
flowerpower
Old June 12th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

nice and smooth and add alittle gold bond. works nice but strange at
first.

--
sxbud138
Old June 12th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Riding is more comfotable with shaved legs and makes wounds less messy
and awful to clean.
Plus it makes you look damn sexy and not-gorilla-esque

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-Incubate now. Hatch later.-

What's brown and
sticky?
a stick.
Protect your right to arm bears.

A man needs a woman like a fish needs a bicycle.
Old June 12th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

johnfoss wrote:
Any bike racers in here? So far we have about five different reasons for
shaved legs. My understanding was it was to keep from getting hairs in
your road rash. More chances of infection and harder (more painful) to
clean the wounds.

That's what I've heard.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old June 12th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

unicyclist.ca wrote:
Maybe I will half commit and only shave one leg, or shave from my ankle
to halfway up my shin.

Or you could do like my friend Brian did and shave a checkerboard into
your legs ha ha.

It was sort of like this:
[image:
http://www.pennzoil-quakerstate.com/...ered_flag.jpg]

except in his leg hair.

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."

trike and shaved legs? Allyson Recumbent Biking 6 July 6th 07 07:02 AM
I need Mel Gibson to rub his hairy forearms over my shaved biker legs the messenjah Mountain Biking 4 August 5th 06 08:35 PM
One advantage of shaved legs. Simon Mason UK 36 April 21st 05 02:48 AM
Had Legs Badger_South General 2 July 26th 04 05:02 AM
True Story: Shaved Legs SM Australia 4 October 9th 03 11:55 PM