Super comfortable Saddles?

Old September 3rd 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Crizzzz

Default Super comfortable Saddles?

Are there any saddles out there designed to be very gentle on the area
between your legs (for long distance cycles for example i.e across
countries)

If so please link me or point me in the right direction

many thanks, chris

--
Crizzzz
Old September 3rd 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Kris Holm Fusion Freeride
Nimbus Gel
both available from www.unicycle.uk.com

you can argue all day which is better, I have both and I'm not sure,
they both can be very comfortbale if set up right and aclimatised to.

--
kington99

Dave

Old September 4th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sockmonster

I prefer the fusion freeride, and I liked my old fusion air saddle a
lot, but more important than the saddle, I found, is the clothing. Get
a nice pair of bike shorts. They make any saddle more comfortable.

But, no matter what, when you're putting all your body weight on your
taint for an extended period of time, it's a-gonna get uncomfortable
and sore.

--
sockmonster

www.unicyclemax.com
Old September 4th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

kington99 wrote:
Kris Holm Fusion Freeride
Nimbus Gel

IMO the KH FF is much more comfortable.

The best for comfort, although a bit $$$, is a 'Scott Wallis'
(http://www.wallisdesign.com/HANDLEpics.html).

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old September 4th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

skilewis74 wrote:
The best for comfort, although a bit $$$, is a 'Scott Wallis'
(http://www.wallisdesign.com/HANDLEpics.html).

What's your experience been with this saddle?

I've heard mixed reviews and haven't been swayed one way or another...

Personally, I've ridden a good 1,000 km on my Fusion Freeride and think
it's the cat's pajamas.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old September 4th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Zero. Ask Munivision, he has one and loves it.

Way more comfortable for long distances or those who are really
sensitive. But I'm just going by what I've heard, most of it before
the '07 KH saddle came out.

For me, even w/ a KH FF, it gets uncomfortable after 45-60 min of road
riding. The only reason I haven't gotten a SW is I'm always broke.

Old September 4th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Crizzzz wrote:
Are there any saddles out there designed to be very gentle on the area
between your legs (for long distance cycles for example i.e across
countries)

If so please link me or point me in the right direction

many thanks, chris

I made this saddle modification tutorial vid a while back. IMO it makes
the FFR saddle even more comfy than it already is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJQ4j5KOis

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 4th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

sockmonster wrote:
More important than the saddle, I found, is the clothing. Get a nice
pair of bike shorts. They make any saddle more comfortable.

+1

I went to winter park this weekend (a ski area) to unicycle/mountain
bike and I definitely forgot to wear my biking shorts. I did two runs
on my bike and I was completely fine, but after about a mile on my
unicycle, the area in question was on fire, and by the end of the uni
ride my ass was completely dead.

Because of the nature of unicycle seats, there will always be a greater
area of rubbing than bikes, and therefore you need extra protection for
longer rides.

I would definitely invest in a pair of nice biking shorts, it makes all
the difference. And if you're worried about looks, just wear them under
your normal pants when you ride.

Anyway, that's my two cents

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."
Old September 4th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Crizzzz

currently i own a nimbus gel which is nice and comfortable but it doesnt
really take long before i get the dull ache in that region (only after a
few miles)

Are air pillows any good?

Also, would having handlebars fixed to the uni take much weight off the
parts on the saddle?

ta

--
Crizzzz
Old September 4th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

KH fusion freeride is a great seat, the dull ache goes away the more you
ride. Having a handle helps a lot because you are able to change your
body position while riding and take some pressure off your crotch.

Air seats are good for short distances, but I have found them to be
uncomfortable for long rides. Some riders disagree and swear by the
air seat, so you can never know how it works for you until you try it.

Also, just to add to the discussion, having a geared hub helps remove a
lot of pressure from your crotch because you put more force into the
pedals.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in