The Deadly Truth of Shoelaces. (post your shoelace related adventures here)

Old September 7th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Default The Deadly Truth of Shoelaces. (post your shoelace related adventures here)

I just tuck my laces in the laced laces.
Barasackee wrote:
I've killed a few sets of headphones by having them fall out of my ears
into the spokes. It sucks like a popsicle to not be able to listen
while riding.

Did you ever think about wireless (if your mp3 player has bluetooth or
whatever)??? I use wireless and sometimes wired, wired is annoying and
I almost brokae a pair. Wireless does not get in the way at all (but
collects sweat from my hair).

Also have you tried to put the wires through the bottem of your shirt
and out the neck?

--
Any Terrain

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'
Old September 7th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

I haven't had a shoelace fall. The picture shows how I tie my shoes to
avoid the possibility. Just skip the top inside hole when lacing so
that the tie falls to the outside. Should get shorter laces, but it
works fine so far.

(I don't have a picture of my kitchen )

|Filename: IMG_0066b.jpg |

Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
Old September 7th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Pigs on Unicycles wrote:
What shoes are those? Do they have good grip?

Pigs

Yes, almost TOO good! Best MUni shoe I've ever had, and I own 3 pair!

They are "High Impact" made by Five. Ten. More on them 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/57lyxs).

28500

|Filename: DSC05342.JPG |

MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 7th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

So while I was cokering at top speed, I started to feel a tug at my shoe
and I knew exactly what was about to happen. I'd gotten my shoelace
caught before, but never on my coker and never going top speed. It
hurt. The lace didn't break cleanly and it sent me flying with the
unicycle in tow. I got a pretty bad road rash and it scratched up my
seat, but thankfully no broken bones. It was almost as bad as the time
I cokered over a hidden patch of ice and was sent flying sideways

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."
Old September 7th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Barasackee wrote:

As far as shoe laces, i've had them wrapped up so tight that when i try
to go bail, my feet end up staying on. Also sucks like a popsicle.

BOTH of them?

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Old September 7th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

The best I've seen was Siaferides face plant on The SINZ Tour. It
looked pretty impressive from where I was.

I never ever unicycle with shoelaces. It's dangerous. I had a few
hard faceplants when I first started riding. Thankfully that was on a
20".

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.
Old September 7th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

[image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._lolcat.jp g]

Old September 7th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

poofengle wrote:
So while I was cokering at top speed, I started to feel a tug at my shoe
and I knew exactly what was about to happen. I'd gotten my shoelace
caught before, but never on my coker and never going top speed. It
hurt. The lace didn't break cleanly and it sent me flying with the
unicycle in tow. I got a pretty bad road rash and it scratched up my
seat, but thankfully no broken bones. It was almost as bad as the time
I cokered over a hidden patch of ice and was sent flying sideways

That made me cringe just reading it.

I've got the shoelace wrapped around the spindle of the pedal twice.
The scariest time was when I was riding over to my friends house in the
pitch black at like 9:00 and it wrapped around. I was in the middle of
the street with a car coming. I had to drag my foot with the unicyle
attatched to it to the side of the road, with a piece of flesh on my
ankle also caught.

--
littleman

http://sixsixone.com/
Old September 7th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

"oh yeah!?"

28505

|Filename: Mort.jpg |

Old September 7th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

nimblelight wrote:
[image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._lolcat.jp g]

"oh yeah!?"

28506

|Filename: Mort.jpg |

MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)

I AM HERE TO POST THE TRUTH ONLY! ed_dolan_jimmy_macnamara Recumbent Biking 0 October 24th 06 08:21 PM
Assault with a deadly weapon - a car? dannyfrankszzz UK 26 September 25th 05 01:31 PM
Shoelace endo hedge Unicycling 3 May 12th 05 05:15 PM
Yet another deadly motorist David Hansen UK 3 February 11th 05 11:21 AM
spd pedal and shoelace Yum Techniques 9 October 25th 04 08:34 PM