Help - Womens 500m

Old August 21st 04, 03:13 AM

Default Help - Womens 500m

Does any one know for sure if Yonghua Jiang (CHN) who took Silver in Athens
2004 is actually the same person as Cuihua Jiang (CHN) who took bronze in
Sydney 2000?

I just want to ensure my website is as correct as I can make it and cannot
find anything on the web to clear the matter up.

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
Old August 21st 04, 08:15 PM

John Forrest Tomlinson writes:

They have different names as translated into a roman character set. As these
things are usually phonetic it's up to the person who hears the name to
decide how to spell it.

Not in the PRC today. There is a standard method for romaninization
in China. Both those names (Yonghua and Cuihua) use this methond,
called Pinyin.

J "lived in China and is married to Qinghua Li" T

Thanks for the input All.

I believe they are two different people now as Yonghua is quoted (roughly)
as sying thet she was ``Delighted to medal in her first Olympics''

Old August 21st 04, 10:59 PM

John Forrest Tomlinson writes:

Have you cleared up that confusion about David Millar and Robert
Millar yet?

I wasn't aware that I had a problem with the Millars?

Could you kindly point me in the right direction?