Pappy down with the Underground

Old August 21st 04, 05:38 PM
RonSonic

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:05:01 GMT, (Horse DeLay) wrote:

http://www.stolenunderground.com/id98.html

Excellent subject for this interview. Spinneli's a man who's been and done and
understands where and what.

THIS is the standard by which I consider that site's usual whiney, childish
tantrums to be counterproductive, self-serving and simply stupid.

As for the interviewer, well, I think I pretty much just said it. I don't think
I've ever seen better, more thoughtful answers to worse questions.

Ron
Old August 21st 04, 11:00 PM
Its Me

Hi, this is Justin Spinelli. Someone sent me a link this formum and I
just want to say one thing. **** you if you think it was just luck or
some "familly connection" that I rode for those teams. You are are
stupid, prick and will never understand how hard the sport of cycling
is. So **** YOU!!!! And **** all the other IDIOTS who will not
accept the truth. It is painful enough that most of you have no clue
what really goes on in professional cycling. THEN WHEN A RIDER SPEAKS
OUT YOU DOUBT HIM! FOOLS!

One last thing to Eric Saunders. Thank You.
Old August 21st 04, 11:12 PM
TritonRider

From: (Its Me)

Hi, this is Justin Spinelli. Someone sent me a link this formum and I
just want to say one thing. **** you if you think it was just luck or
some "familly connection" that I rode for those teams. You are are
stupid, prick and will never understand how hard the sport of cycling
is. So **** YOU!!!! And **** all the other IDIOTS who will not
accept the truth. It is painful enough that most of you have no clue
what really goes on in professional cycling. THEN WHEN A RIDER SPEAKS
OUT YOU DOUBT HIM! FOOLS!

One last thing to Eric Saunders. Thank You.

Whooah! If this is you Justin, there are some things you need to know about
this place. The first being that most of the noise comes from those least
likely to have a clue.
I'd guess that a lot of us figure that Matt is more right than wrong and are
just waiting for it to be proven.
I don't automatically believe what I hear from Pro riders because I've heard
some really stupid **** from them. You have a question about where my head is
on cycling, or my integrity, ask Myerson when you see him or any official here
in the north east.
I understand how you got so ****ed off, and why, but you've got a lot of
people here who DO know what's going on and how things work so don't be burning
bridges just yet.
Most of us want to see the scum out of the sport, but foaming at the mouth
isn't going to help.
As for your racing, anyone who doesn't think you were/are good enough to get
there on talent is a moron. Ignore them.
Bill Crowther
Old August 21st 04, 11:34 PM
Richard Sachs

"TritonRider" wrote in message
[...]

Bill
I'm here reading too.
Perhaps it's because Justin began his racing with our U23 team that he's
always been one of my favorites. After the Ft. Devens Espoirs 'Cross Natz
in which Justin came in 2nd in a close dual with Tim Johnson and Jonathan
Page, Tim, the winner, went on record saying that Justin had the tools to
win the Tour de France. Well, it may have been too soon to forecast that
far into the future, but everyone in the Northeast knew that Justin was
a shooting star. Within two and a half years he was on television being
interviewed during his Giro debut. It can be argued ad infinitum whether
this team or that coach could have taken him further, but the fact remains
he was one of the few Yanks that went "over there" without all the coddling
or support that we're used to seeing in the retrospectives on the heros that
made it.

Some folk here have come down hard on Matt and his site, and now it's
trickling
over to Justin since he gave his interview. It seems to me that lots of
post-ers here
are using this stuff for bar talk. Matt and Justin are barely mid
twenty-somethings.
RBR-ers may not like the presentation on StolenUnderground, but no one who's
dedicated to racing can debate whether their message needs to be heard. If
someone
soon doesn't act on the doping issue, it won't be too long before the sport
becomes
WWF-like or has the credibility of the players in the film Rollerball.

My hats off to these two for coming clean.
e-RICHIE

Old August 22nd 04, 03:15 AM
Ken Papai

"Its Me" wrote in message
om...
Hi, this is Justin Spinelli. Someone sent me a link this formum and I
just want to say one thing. **** you if you think it was just luck or
some "familly connection" that I rode for those teams. You are are
stupid, prick and will never understand how hard the sport of cycling
is. So **** YOU!!!! And **** all the other IDIOTS who will not
accept the truth. It is painful enough that most of you have no clue
what really goes on in professional cycling. THEN WHEN A RIDER SPEAKS
OUT YOU DOUBT HIM! FOOLS!

Hey Justin -- tip: don't post when you're drunk.

You're welcome,
Ken

One last thing to Eric Saunders. Thank You.

Old August 22nd 04, 05:59 PM
RonSonic

On 21 Aug 2004 22:12:18 GMT, (TritonRider) wrote:

From:
[...]

AMEN!

As for your racing, anyone who doesn't think you were/are good enough to get
there on talent is a moron. Ignore them.

Indeed. The record is there. The accomplishments speak for themselves.

I'm not a pro rider, never was and never will be. I DON'T, CAN'T know.

What I can do is read/listen to those who say they know and judge credibility
and compare what is said to my perceptions and experiences in life. This is
pretty much how the jury system works and generally works well.

Justin was persuasive and seemed reasonable and responsible in his interview.

The "foaming at the mouth" IS counterproductive. So much so that Justin's
interview is the ONLY compelling, persuasive thing I've ever read on the SU
site. The rest is just bitter spew that could've been produced by any wannabe.
OTOH, Justin comes off as a man who was there, didn't make it to the top but
knows what's happening there and has thought it through.

Justin seems to care about the other riders and the future of the sport. Unlike
so many anti-doping ranters he acknowledges the inevitability of a man subjected
to a European pro schedule taking whatever he thinks can help. No holier-than-
thou bull****. No idealistic moralizing.

That is a perspective that is going to do some good.

Ron