Those are some fast splits!!

Old August 22nd 04, 08:07 PM
Carl Sundquist

Default Those are some fast splits!!

Sarah Ulmer

1:11.601(1) 2:17.365(1) 3:24.537(1)
1:05.764(1) 1:07.172(1)

Aussie Teams Pursuit

1:03.690(1) 2:01.131(1) 2:58.690(1) 3:56.610(1)
57.441(1) 57.559(1) 57.920(1)

Old August 22nd 04, 08:47 PM
Stewart Fleming

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Sarah Ulmer

1:11.601(1) 2:17.365(1) 3:24.537(1)
1:05.764(1) 1:07.172(1)

The secret is now out. She's been setting WRs in training in Bordeaux
for weeks.
Old August 22nd 04, 09:16 PM
Sierraman

"Stewart Fleming" wrote in message

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Sarah Ulmer

1:11.601(1) 2:17.365(1) 3:24.537(1)
1:05.764(1) 1:07.172(1)

The secret is now out. She's been setting WRs in training in Bordeaux
for weeks.

I told you she was brick ****house! Quite a build on her from the earlier
track photos I saw this year. I saw quite a pair of legs on that girl,
including the attached hip!

Old August 23rd 04, 03:14 AM
Andy Coggan

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Sarah Ulmer

1:11.601(1) 2:17.365(1) 3:24.537(1)
1:05.764(1) 1:07.172(1)

The secret is now out. She's been setting WRs in training in Bordeaux
for weeks.

Any idea how those times compare to what she just clocked in Athens?
(There's quite a window between 3:30-ish and 3:24.) I'm curious because it
might give some feel for just how fast the Athens track was.

Andy Coggan

Old August 23rd 04, 04:31 AM
Stewart Fleming

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Sarah Ulmer

1:11.601(1) 2:17.365(1) 3:24.537(1)
1:05.764(1) 1:07.172(1)

The secret is now out. She's been setting WRs in training in Bordeaux
for weeks.

Any idea how those times compare to what she just clocked in Athens?
(There's quite a window between 3:30-ish and 3:24.) I'm curious because it
might give some feel for just how fast the Athens track was.

I'd have to guess since nobody has said for sure yet. A friend was with
the team in Limoux and the nudge-wink then (end July) was "under 3:30".
My guess would be on 3:26-3:27 based on the 55kph cruise speed that we
also heard about (3:24 is 52.8kph average, from standing start; the
splits above indicate 55kph for km 2 and slightly slower for km 3).

Bordeaux is still a very fast track; only variable to Athens I guess
would be the humidity (Athens reported to be very dry heat the day of
the pursuit qualifiers and final.)
Old August 23rd 04, 04:40 AM
warren

Here is an article about why the Athens track is so fast.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...es/aug21humidi
ty

Interesting to note that most fast tracks are indoors and avoid any
wind but their air-conditioned air is cooler and dryer than the hot
humid (faster) air that is in place in the Athens Velodrome. The Athens
wood has also been dried completely by Athens' hot summer so the
surface is fast too.

-WG

Lance blames fast food. Callistus Valerius Racing 38 July 22nd 04 07:22 AM
Craig Calfee's side of the story Craig Calfee Recumbent Biking 31 February 15th 04 09:21 PM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 09:39 PM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 09:38 PM