Mounting a 29"

Old June 11th 08, 11:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pembar

Default Mounting a 29"

What possible ways are there to mount the 29"? The only one I've done
successfully is the rolling mount, a static mount seems to end up as a
rolling mount because of the height.

Thanks much

--
Pembar
Old June 11th 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

'Maybe this will help you somewhat Pembar'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...?t=43764)*???*

I hope it does somewhat.

Your good friend.
*HAZMAT*

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

catinabag1 wrote:
we should provide the defibrilator
TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
Old June 11th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Kick-up
Leg-around
One-foot spin mount
Side jump
Regular jump
Suicide jump
Swing-up

There's a few. Haven't actually tried them all on a 29" but I'm sure I
could get them within 5 minutes. Some I've done on my 45".

No, not the kick-up.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old June 11th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I'm quite happy with the roll back mount that I do on most of my unis.

--
cathwood

Cathy
Old June 11th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
innes

Static mount works for me.

Innes

--
innes
Old June 12th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Pembar wrote:
What possible ways are there to mount the 29"? The only one I've done
successfully is the rolling mount, a static mount seems to end up as a
rolling mount because of the height.

I think you mean the -roll back- mount, don't you? You try a static
mount but have to step on the back pedal a little and so the wheel
rolls back. If a 29er is tall for you, you might consider trying a jump
mount or a variation of one. I have done a rolling jump mount (not roll
back) on a Coker ever since the first time I tried one. I find it
really easy for the big boy.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"In general, I'd like everyone to just stop treating one another like
crap. I see it every day. It sucks." - SqueakyOnion
Old June 12th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

Suicide mounts on 36ers are fun (but somewhat scary if you fall)

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."
Old June 12th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

static mount or jump mount. i mount my 26 muni the same way i do my
trials.

--
catinabag1

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rules!

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old June 12th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pembar

hah, cool. Thanks for the replies. Yes, I was referring to the rollback
mount.

I tried the static mount last night, it wasn't too bad, I got the hang
of it after a few tries. I was under the impression that it was truly
static (Wheel doesn't move until I'm on top) but I guess that the
unicycle is too big so it will have to move a little.

Thanks for the help, now to move on to idling.

--
Pembar