A 29 or a 36 for distance uni'n ?

Old June 12th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patsandy100

Default A 29 or a 36 for distance uni'n ?

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70621
Question: Kh29 or Kh36 ?

- Kh29 (or another 29'er)
- kh36 (or another 36'er)

Hi Guys, Ive looked at a lot of threads over the past few days about 29"
and 36" (cokers). I want to have a uni to get some speed up and get good
distance with at the moment I don't have a lot of money But i am
considering saving for a Kh29 Or a Kh36. I have a kh20 and love it
great fun, but it just doesn't cut it when im trying to get some
distance :P So my question is a 36'er which is heavy, and hard to get
started but is the fastest and biggest possible wheel or a kh29 that I
can use for mountain unicycling and also for getting distance on.
Weighing up the pro's and con's for me what should I get? So ive got my
Kh20 for trials and maybe a little muni whenever i get around to trying
it. But nothing to get to town (2km's) well to down the street its
2km's to get to towns its about 25km. And I would also love to try and
do that as a goal of mine. Just not with a 20 :P Thanks everyone.

Pat

--
patsandy100

HIGH JUMP: *26 CM*
*LONG JUMP: 1 metre*
PRACTICING: JUMPING HIGHER

dudewithasock wrote:
I own both the complete 7-disc soundtrack for Final Fantasy XI and the
soundtrack for World of Warcraft.

Old June 12th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oneisenough

Is KH's 36 out yet, and is it definate???!!!

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong)
'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/user/RookieFilming) 'Vimeo'
(http://www.vimeo.com/user496125)

The UniSLAB wrote:
Go big or go home, don worry about those little clown tricks called
flips and wrap arounds. We don't dance with our uni's, we jump em

2nd Place*)---', 6ft Static Gap
Old June 12th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Coker. Hands down.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"In general, I'd like everyone to just stop treating one another like
crap. I see it every day. It sucks." - SqueakyOnion
Old June 12th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

i can tell you more next week when i get my first coker. I also kicked
that question around for awhile. I think coker is where its at !

--
sxbud138
Old June 12th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patsandy100

the Kh36 is coming out end of this month Kris said. So What coker? I
am from Australia so I am not sure if I can get the best equipment. Ok
so You guys say 36 over 29 Now what type of 36? or maybe go fora 43" :P
I wonderif such a thing exists lol. Coker? Nimbus? wait for KH36? Save
up for a geared hub? Thanks guys.

--
patsandy100

HIGH JUMP: *26 CM*
*LONG JUMP: 1 metre*
PRACTICING: JUMPING HIGHER

Old June 12th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oneisenough

Yur 14... r u sure you have a big enough inseem, b/c Ill be 16
friday(the 13th...yikes) and i dont think i could fit a 36 er yet...btu
i am short too 5'3".
if you can fit a 36...i'd say go for that, and if you have $1300 usd
for that geared hub...go for it

*threadjack*
anyone on here this short and have a coker? i want to get a distance
uni but i dont want to get one untill i can fit a 36er.

Old June 12th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

coker bigone
1. Its a good price
2. looks well built
3. It should last me a very long time
I CANT WAIT TO RIDE IT !!!

--
sxbud138
Old June 12th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patsandy100

Hi again, Ok so

Coker is most popular. The problem is the Australian UDC doesn't have
it only has the Nimbus 36, the UDC 36 and the nimbus 36 with the
nightrider tire and stuff like that.

Thanks.

--
patsandy100

HIGH JUMP: *26 CM*
*LONG JUMP: 1 metre*
PRACTICING: JUMPING HIGHER

Old June 12th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

oneisenough wrote:

anyone on here this short and have a coker? i want to get a distance
uni but i dont want to get one untill i can fit a 36er.

I'm about 5'4" and I fit pretty well on mine. I had to cut the seat
post a bunch, but it's definitely do-able for me. I'd guess anyone
less than 5'2" would have problems with riding a coker, but if you're
taller then I'd say definitely go for it. Cokers are so much fun!

Edit: my friend michael is 5'1" and he can ride mine with the seat all
the way down, although it's a bit tough. Maybe with shorter cranks an
even shorter person would be able to ride, although it would be harder
to pedal with the short cranks

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."
Old June 12th 08, 09:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

patsandy100 wrote:
Hi again, Ok so

Coker is most popular. The problem is the Australian UDC doesn't have
it only has the Nimbus 36, the UDC 36 and the nimbus 36 with the
nightrider tire and stuff like that.

Thanks.

Well if you have the *$$$*, then you could order it from the U.S.
Especially with the currency conversion us Aussies have now.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

catinabag1 wrote:
we should provide the defibrilator
TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)

Distance Questions! thaifoodguy Unicycling 63 August 27th 07 11:11 PM
distance gagtape Unicycling 4 June 13th 07 08:12 PM
Distance planning TrailRat UK 4 June 13th 05 09:51 PM
the distance Andre Racing 5 May 30th 05 11:53 AM
Why do you distance unicycle? gerblefranklin Unicycling 48 January 19th 05 09:34 PM