i need help urgently about my seat

Old November 12th 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mr joel.

Default i need help urgently about my seat

can someone help me i dont no what ive done,the seat bolts have become
free moving within the seat so i cant tighten it,its just lose soeone
please help i need my seat fixed asap im doing a unicycle demo on
saturday and dont have a spare seat.

--
mr joel.

if life gives you lemons throw them at people in expensive cars
Old November 12th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

You may not need new bolts, you may just need to get the bolts back in
the holes they are meant to be in. Either way, it'll mean pulling the
seat apart. To do this, use a wide flat blade screwdriver to carefully
prize off the staples around the edge. If you are careful you may be
able to get away with just undoing 3/4 of them. The top of the bolts
*should* be held in place with some tape, however this may have dried
out and become loose, in which case re-seat the bolt heads and use duct
tape to secure them. Then reattach the seat cover and staple back in to
position.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old November 12th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mr joel.

i just took apart my seat and the metal plate which holds the bolts in
is bent is there anyway to straighten it out

Old November 12th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

mr joel.;1129856 wrote:
i just took apart my seat and the metal plate which holds the bolts in
is bent is there anyway to straighten it out

Jump on it, or use a hammer or something. Use your imagination, how
hard can it be!

--
sp4rky-m4rky

_Marcus_Collings_'*U**n**i**c**y**c**l**e**.**c**o **m*'
(http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
*)---', 1mHighJump*
my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
my 'Year in vid'
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)
Old November 12th 08, 12:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

sp4rky-m4rky;1129859 wrote:
Jump on it, or use a hammer or something. Use your imagination, how hard
can it be!

Lol. Kids today!

Last night I decided to cut my seat foam down and totally ****ed up my
K1 seat, ha ha! I've got a demo on Saturday! Opps!

--
Eddbmxdude

"I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Old November 12th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
066999566

ok this works everytime for me ............ get a new seat

--
066999566
Old November 12th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

It's not always the best idea to buy an new one if you can fix it

Use a vice, hammer and a large flat surface, that should be all you
need to bend it back into shape.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*
Old November 13th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

1-wheeled-grape;1130084 wrote:
It's not always the best idea to buy an new one if you can fix it

+1
I love fixing stuff and taking things apart, it always gets me excited
to take things apart and see what makes them tick. Sometimes I take
apart perfectly functional things just to see how they work. Anyone else
like this? Sorry for the thread-jack, just throwing that out there...

Anyway, I'd recommend using a vice if you have one, or a pair o pliers
and a hammer, or maybe just bite it furiously until it bends back.

Whichever you decide on, good luck with it

--
poofengle

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. But set a man on fire
and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Old November 13th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mr joel.

thanks for all the help everyone i put it back togther and its perfect i
did some mods while it was pulled apart and now my seats better than
ever.