was the men's TT on TV?

Old August 19th 04, 02:20 AM
Frank Tantillo

Default was the men's TT on TV?

Old August 19th 04, 02:29 AM

"Frank Tantillo" writes:

Not around here it wasn't

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
Old August 19th 04, 02:51 AM
keydates

I think I just heard that the TT is on later tonight on NBC.

--
keydates

Old August 19th 04, 02:52 AM
psycholist

"Frank Tantillo" wrote in message

NBC website says it was supposed to be covered in the 9:00 to 10:00 pm
(eastern US) hour. It's 9:51 at this writing and they haven't covered it
yet.

Bob C.

Old August 19th 04, 03:01 AM
keydates

Well it was just on. If you thought the men's road race coverage was
bad, this was terrible. -Maybe- 5 minutes spent on the men's TT, with
focus only on the people who won medals.

Oh well, supposedly more coverage on MSNBC, I believe. Whatever that
means. I don't have cable, so it doesn't make a difference.

Of course, the US in general doesn't have much interest in cycling, so
the amount of coverage wasn't really that surprising.

--
keydates

Old August 19th 04, 03:15 AM
Marlene Blanshay

"psycholist" wrote in message

"Frank Tantillo" wrote in message

NBC website says it was supposed to be covered in the 9:00 to 10:00 pm
(eastern US) hour. It's 9:51 at this writing and they haven't covered it
yet.

Bob C.

same thing happened on CBC. They were supposed to show BOTH tt and not one
minute's worth. French CBC had some. I think the event got maybe 5 minutes
combined on all the networks. Excuse me but THIS BLOWS!

Old August 19th 04, 03:16 AM
psycholist

"psycholist" wrote in message

"Frank Tantillo" wrote in message

NBC website says it was supposed to be covered in the 9:00 to 10:00 pm
(eastern US) hour. It's 9:51 at this writing and they haven't covered it
yet.

Bob C.

It's a good thing I looked up from typing this last post 'cuz there was the
coverage. It's also a good thing I didn't blink or sneeze. Just after they
finished, they covered a semi-final heat of Michael Phelps swimming the 200
IM. THAT lasted longer than the entire coverage of the men's TT. And it
was a SEMI-FINAL HEAT! Ridiculous!

Interesting, though, watching Tyler perform a radioectomy in the middle of
his TT run.

Bob C.

Old August 19th 04, 03:39 AM

"Marlene Blanshay" writes:

"psycholist" wrote in message

"Frank Tantillo" wrote in message

NBC website says it was supposed to be covered in the 9:00 to 10:00 pm
(eastern US) hour. It's 9:51 at this writing and they haven't covered it
yet.

Bob C.

same thing happened on CBC. They were supposed to show BOTH tt and not one
minute's worth. French CBC had some. I think the event got maybe 5 minutes
combined on all the networks. Excuse me but THIS BLOWS!

CBC English Network showed a few minutes of the Women on the evening taped
``repeat''. I didn't notice the men yet and it's 22:40hrs here now - only 20
minutes left before the news.

Old August 19th 04, 09:13 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

You don't say where you live, so how can we answer that? Over here it
was, in full.

E.
-Old Europe
Old August 19th 04, 09:40 AM
Donald Munro

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

You don't say where you live, so how can we answer that? Over here it
was, in full.

E.
-Old Europe

And here as well.