rooting for Lithuanai

Old August 21st 04, 09:25 PM
Callistus Valerius

Default rooting for Lithuanai

I found myself strangely rooting for Lithuania vs. the NBA. At first I
wanted to be for USA, but when I saw that they couldn't shoot the ball, and
that the team consists of over-rated billionaire NBA players, I found myself
goin' "YEAA" everytime Lithuania hit a 3 pointer.

Old August 21st 04, 09:51 PM
Carl Sundquist

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
link.net...
I found myself strangely rooting for Lithuania vs. the NBA. At first I
wanted to be for USA, but when I saw that they couldn't shoot the ball,

and
that the team consists of over-rated billionaire NBA players, I found

myself
goin' "YEAA" everytime Lithuania hit a 3 pointer.

Are they still sponsored by the Grateful Dead?

Old August 21st 04, 10:26 PM
TritonRider

From: "Carl Sundquist"

Are they still sponsored by the Grateful Dead?

My guess would be "Bail Bonds R Us"
http://www.nypost.com/sports/22940.htm
And they wonder why basketball is losing popularity. I wonder why there is
still a league. If 40% of cyclists were criminals we sure as hell would be
gone.
Bill C
Old August 21st 04, 10:58 PM
Carl Sundquist

From: "Carl Sundquist"

http://www.sfgate.com/sf/deadshirts.html

Old August 21st 04, 11:15 PM
TritonRider

From: "Carl Sundquist"

http://www.sfgate.com/sf/deadshirts.html

I'd forgotten all about that.
Thanks Carl

Old August 22nd 04, 01:44 AM
Andre

"Don't make me bust a cap mofo"

Standard press greeting when approached by journalist...

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois

Old August 22nd 04, 07:14 PM
RonSonic

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:41:55 -0400, "Brenton James"
wrote:

Lithuania wins with their talent at the high school length three point
shots.

And the NBA loses by not being able to sink a stinking free throw more than 2/3
the time.

At some point ya gotta be able to shoot the damn thing better than some schmuck
of the street if you're gonna call yourself a professional athlete.

Ron

hlink.net...