If I die in the LANE of duty, it'll be for REVOLUTION!

Old July 23rd 09, 03:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default If I die in the LANE of duty, it'll be for REVOLUTION!

Those are BIG WORDS, but I'm riding in the lane of traffic everyday,
and anything can happen with all those crazy drivers out there.

Sure, you can die without the revolution too, but then they'll say
hurtful comments like, "Wasn't that guy stupid to ride in traffic?" So
when you have a REVOLUTION going for you, people would say, "Hey, that
guy sure was brave!" And then THEY FOLLOW YOUR EXAMPLE, etc...

Anyway, I'm letting the WORLD know (the world is listening, right?)
that if I die in the LANE of duty for riding a bike and fight Climate
Change, Obesity, Idiocy, or any other disease, I DO IT FOR THE
REVOLUTION!!!

The 3 C's of successful monkeys... Communicate, Coordinate, Cooperate.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old July 27th 09, 03:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default A CYCLIST IS A SITTING DUCK

Originally Posted by tadawdy
"sadly, i will probably be badly injured someday while riding in
traffic. i'd prefer not to die, thank you."

***

Well, it's like the say, "THAT'S A BIG IF."

But whenever you ride a bike you MUST ACCEPT that possibility, even
when others are to blame. In a way A CYCLIST IS A SITTING DUCK for all
kinds of STUPID DRIVERS (say those on the phone) or AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS
(those who think they own the road and can push the slow and weak
around).

The goal of such a campaign is NOT to produce martyrs, but to draw
attention to the issue of INSECURITY FOR CYCLISTS. And if they hit
you, they must know they must pay a hefty price. Chances are though,
that the minute they see an ORGANIZED WAY to resist those abuses,
they'll stay away from you.