When 2500 philanthropist bike 545 miles past your front door, do youopen the door?

Old May 22nd 12, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
velo

Default When 2500 philanthropist bike 545 miles past your front door, do youopen the door?

14 times, I have cycled 7 days, 575 miles, from San Francisco to Los
Angeles in a cycling charity event called AIDSLifecycle.
http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/ynottony

In route to Los Angeles, I (and 2,500 of my best friends) cycle thru
Montecito, CA. ( Montecito is the home to Oprah Winfrey).

Each Year, the locals of Montecito – Santa Barbara gather and create
their own “Paradise Pit Stop” for the approx. 2,500 AIDSLifecycle
Cyclist & 400 Volunteer Crew members. There you can find: chocolate
bars, organic strawberries, vegan ice cream, corn dogs, Twinkies, coco
cola, massages, and then some.. … ALL YOU CAN EAT …GRATIS!

Years ago (as I ate my strawberries and homemade ice cream), I asked
several Montecito residents: “Where is Oprah?”

1. “She is not here. ”
2. “That’s a funny question. . . . .”
3. “Can I be in the Oprah Magazine?”
4. “ Oprah can be found shopping in the local Montecito Von’s.”
5. “Who’s Oprah?”
6. “Great Idea!”

As I left the “Paradise Pit” in Montecito, I thought: “Let’s ask Oprah
Winfrey & the Oprah Winfrey Network to join and/or support the
AIDSLifecycle Family. - http://ynottony.com/ynot/oprah-winfrey/photos/#/2

Oprah Winfrey & the Oprah Winfrey Network focus on encouraging people
around the world to live their “Own Best Life” [with vision & focus &
owning it!] while simultaneously making a difference in the lives of
underprivileged others.

Through Oprah’s involvement with the Leadership Academy for Girls in
South Africa, the tiny town of Williamson, West Virginia, Lifeclass,
and the “A Secret Sex World: Living on the Downlow” segment, Oprah has
both removed stigmas & flattened ignorance associated with the AIDS
Pandemic.

In June 2012, I, Tony Eason, (and 2,500 of my best friends) will cycle
575 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles in the fight against the
AIDS Pandemic. And as we ride past the home of Oprah Winfrey,, I
invite the O.W.N to participate (in any way that they can).
http://ynottony.com/ynot/oprah-winfrey/

The presence of Oprah at the AIDS/Lifecycle 2012 Closing Ceremonies
would not only fuel the hearts of the 2,500 cycling philanthropists &
400 volunteer crew members – it would present a platform to continue
promoting self empowerment; flattening ignorance; and providing
education as a prominent African American Woman in the African
American Community.

Check out the YouTube Video: http://youtu.be/Qrr4_5jQoaM