Video: 30-day compilation

Old February 22nd 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Video: 30-day compilation

Five videos compressed into this one 2:28 sec video showing my progess
over a 30-day period, from 1/18/07-2/18/07. I thank everyone for their
advice and suggestions as you have really helped me to improve!

http://tinyurl.com/yvzq3p

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Old February 22nd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

Wow... you're learning at a blistering pace! Nice variety of skills.
Whats the record for stairs? I'm guessing theres a limit and you're
approaching it.

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11491

Old February 22nd 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

phthoruth wrote:
Wow... you're learning at a blistering pace! Nice variety of skills.
Whats the record for stairs? I'm guessing theres a limit and you're
approaching it.

Well, my own record is a long-ish 7-set. I'm deciding whether I will try
an 8-set! This particular 8-set I'm thinking about seems waaaay high
and waaay scarier than the 7! That is some serious s#@t! If I do it,
I really want to do a "tire-grab" on the way down to make it look
better.

Old February 22nd 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Great progression. You are definitely one of the riders whose ability I
aspire to match
MuniAddict wrote:
I really want to do a "tire-grab" on the way down to make it look
better.

It would make any drop look better, as would shifties, 180's, 360's,
etc.

I think it would be a big step to go from an air tire grab (have you
done one yet? If so I haven't seen it on any of your vids) to one down
a set of stairs, let alone an 8-set.

I think you should work on doing a wide assortment of rolling tricks
down fewer stairs, like one to four, and make them consistently and
smooth. It would look really cool and be safer. Also try to ride down
that 150 set when your KH 20 arrives.

--
skilewis74

Old February 22nd 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

phthoruth wrote:
Wow... you're learning at a blistering pace! Nice variety of skills.
Whats the record for stairs? I'm guessing theres a limit and you're
approaching it.

lol
7 stairs the record? no offense, but people sidehop that (many people)

i have done 11 and cleared it by 3 feet or so into sand.
proof:
[image:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...?t=1171689771]
[image:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...?t=1171750439]

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old February 22nd 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skrobo wrote:
lol
7 stairs the record? no offense, but people sidehop that (many people)

i have done 11 and cleared it by 3 feet or so into sand.
proof:

I think he was asking what was *my* record, haha! And I said a
7-set...that's *my* record. Of course I'm sure there's some who could
rolling hop a 15-set, but certainly not I!

It's also probably a bit easier to get more height/distance with a
*lighter* smaller 19" trials like you have, than it is for me with my
bigger, heavier 24" muni (more like a 26 with the giant Gazz!) YEah I
can side hop a 6-set, but I prefer the rolling hop and also I like to
get lots of speed! It's just a rush to be hurling through the
air!

PS: That's a super cool shot of you doing that set into the sand! At
least if you fell you'd have some good "cusion" from all that sand!

Old February 22nd 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

skilewis74 wrote:
Great progression. You are definitely one of the riders whose ability I
aspire to match
It would make any drop look better, as would shifties, 180's, 360's,
etc.

I think it would be a big step to go from an air tire grab (have you
done one yet? If so I haven't seen it on any of your vids) to one down
a set of stairs, let alone an 8-set.

I think you should work on doing a wide assortment of rolling tricks
down fewer stairs, like one to four, and make them consistently and
smooth. It would look really cool and be safer. Also try to ride down
that 150 set when your KH 20 arrives.

uhm
stairs are way easier to ride down on a 24" uni every day of the year.

Old February 22nd 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

MuniAddict wrote:
I think he was asking what was *my* record, haha! And I said a
7-set...that's *my* record. Of course I'm sure there's some who could
rolling hop a 15-set, but certainly not I!

It's also probably a bit easier to get more height/distance with a
*lighter* smaller 19" trials like you have, than it is for me with my
24" muni (more like a 26 with the giant Gazz!) YEah I can side hop a
6-set, but I prefer the rolling hop and also I like to get lots of
speed! It's just a rush to be hurling through the air!

yeah
i didn't direct that at you, you are one of the best if not THE best in
your age group, i was just correcting the earlier post. I think the
record is a shallowish 13 set, but that may not have been stuck.

Old February 22nd 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Skrobo, are you trying to **** on his parade?
He is not 17 with a huge ego. He is 51 and learning fast. I give my
respects to you UniFart!

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'*Ha Ha haaaaa*' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs)'!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Old February 22nd 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skrobo wrote:
yeah
i didn't direct that at you, you are one of the best if not THE best in
your age group, i was just correcting the earlier post. I think the
record is a shallowish 13 set, but that may not have been stuck.

Whoa! That would be so cool to see on video! But again dude...your drop
down that HUGE set was amazing! Especially with that tire grab! You're
my new stairmaster idol! Btw, was that a 12-set???