WHOOPS! Mountain biker airlifted to Boston hospital

Old May 21st 13, 04:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Mountain biker airlifted to Boston hospital

Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestne...oston-hospital

May 20, 2013
Mountain biker airlifted to Boston hospital

By Paul Tennant The Eagle Tribune Mon May 20, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT

NORTH ANDOVER * Wearing a helmet may have saved the life of a 29-year-old New Hampshire man who suffered serious injuries when he fell from his mountain bicycle in the woods of Harold Parker State Forest yesterday, according to fire Lt. Graham Rowe.

The unidentified biker went over his handle bars while heading down a steep grade on a section of the Bay Circuit Trail and his head hit a rock, Rowe said. The man suffered head and neck injuries but was alert when rescuers got to him, at least a mile into the woods, Rowe said.

The injured man was riding with two friends when the accident occurred, according to Rowe. One of the friends had a cell phone and called 911. Because the mishap took place near the Andover Sportsmen’s Club, the person who made the call thought they were in that town, Rowe explained.

The Andover dispatcher checked the GPS coordinates from the call and determined they were actually in North Andover. The North Andover Police and Fire departments got the call at 10:30 a.m.

North Andover and Andover firefighters responded, as well as North Andover police Officer Eric Sewade, who is assigned to the bike patrol. Rangers from the state Department of Conservation and Recreation also joined in the effort, Rowe said.

Six firefighters went into the woods to rescue the injured man. Sewade and one of the victim’s friends rode their mountain bikes and were helpful in guiding rescuers through the woods, Rowe said. When they got to the victim, they placed him on a backboard, then carried him to Old Cart Way.

“It took a little time to get him out,” Rowe said. From Old Cart Way, an ambulance took the victim to Reynolds Field on Johnson Street, where a helicopter waited to bring him to a Boston hospital.

The entire effort took about an hour and a half, Rowe said. It was fortunate that the victim was accompanied by two friends and that they had a cell phone with which to call 911, he noted. Judging by the dent in the victim’s helmet, he would have suffered a much more serious injury had he not been wearing it, Rowe said.

“Thank God it happened in the day,” he added, noting that rescuing an injured person in the woods when it’s dark can be treacherous.

“Everybody worked well together,” he said of a rescue that involved public safety personnel from two towns.
Old May 21st 13, 02:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:56:02 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker.

http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2010/06/...lting-cyclist/

He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery.
Old May 21st 13, 04:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:56:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:56:02 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Evolution in action! Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm http://www.berkeleyside.com/2010/06/...lting-cyclist/ He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery.

And then all charges were dismissed. You conveniently forgot that, LIAR.
Old May 21st 13, 06:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:09:35 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:56:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:

On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:56:02 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Evolution in action! Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm http://www.berkeleyside.com/2010/06/...lting-cyclist/ He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery.

And then all charges were dismissed. You conveniently forgot that, LIAR.

Send me a link to a 3rd party article I can quote, and I'll be glad to post it.

Until then, I'll stick to what I have.

Old May 21st 13, 11:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:30:52 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:09:35 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:56:33 AM UTC-7, wrote: On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:56:02 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Evolution in action! Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm http://www.berkeleyside.com/2010/06/...lting-cyclist/ He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery. And then all charges were dismissed. You conveniently forgot that, LIAR. Send me a link to a 3rd party article I can quote, and I'll be glad to post it. Until then, I'll stick to what I have.

Making assertions that you don't KNOW to be truthful is called "LYING". Ask your mommie to explain it to you.
Old May 22nd 13, 05:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Making assertions that you don't KNOW to be truthful is called "LYING". Ask your mommie to explain it to you.

Making assertions that you refuse to verify, when a known liar, is likely to get you disbelieved. Ask your psychiatrist to explain it to you.
Old May 22nd 13, 10:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:17:40 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
Making assertions that you don't KNOW to be truthful is called "LYING". Ask your mommie to explain it to you. Making assertions that you refuse to verify,

I don't need to verify them. I WAS THERE! DUH!

when a known liar,

BS. You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face.

is likely to get you disbelieved. Ask your psychiatrist to explain it to you.

I don't need one, but you obviously do. An incorrigible liar like you is a kind of sociopath.
Old May 24th 13, 10:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

I don't need to verify them. I WAS THERE! DUH!

Great ... so you've verified it ... to yourself. Well done Mike. For the rest of us, your bizarre mental pyrotechnics don't count as proof.

BS. You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face.

Well, perhaps that's because I'm spending too much time in this newsgroup interacting with you. The level of ordure you spout is starting to affect me.

I don't need one, but you obviously do. An incorrigible liar like you is a kind of sociopath.

Sociopath; A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience

So, let's apply the test shall we ...

Extreme Antisocial Attitudes; MJV calls everyone liars, impugns all aspects of their lives, is deaf to 'polite' discourse and revels in being known as an internet troll. Has been convicted of violent offences yet continues to exhibit the same behaviours.
Lack of Conscience; MJV is still, despite his conviction, failing to modify his behaviour and, despite the facts, refuses to accept his guilt. He revels in the misfortune of those who don't share his views on mountainbiking.

So, looked in the mirror lately ?
Old May 24th 13, 04:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Friday, May 24, 2013 2:29:41 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
I don't need to verify them. I WAS THERE! DUH! Great ... so you've verified it ... to yourself. Well done Mike. For the rest of us, your bizarre mental pyrotechnics don't count as proof. BS. You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face. Well, perhaps that's because I'm spending too much time in this newsgroup interacting with you. The level of ordure you spout is starting to affect me. I don't need one, but you obviously do. An incorrigible liar like you is a kind of sociopath. Sociopath; A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience So, let's apply the test shall we ... Extreme Antisocial Attitudes; MJV calls everyone liars, impugns all aspects of their lives, is deaf to 'polite' discourse and revels in being known as an internet troll. Has been convicted of violent offences yet continues to exhibit the same behaviours. Lack of Conscience; MJV is still, despite his conviction, failing to modify his behaviour and, despite the facts, refuses to accept his guilt. He revels in the misfortune of those who don't share his views on mountainbiking. So, looked in the mirror lately ?

I just tell the truth -- something mountain bikers like you will never comprehend. If you ever started to tell the truth, no one would let you mountain bike.
Old May 28th 13, 07:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

I just tell the truth -- something mountain bikers like you will never comprehend. If you ever started to tell the truth, no one would let you mountain bike.

Yeah, right, the massive growth in mountain biking and the opening up of trails throughout the world is because no one, except clearly M J Vandeman, is telling the truth. /sarcasm

You are an irrelevance and your futile campaign does nothing because it's not based on any truth or facts, simply your prejudices.