GCN

Old March 18th 19, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default GCN

I've been watching these guy's YouTube videos and other than the fact that they are using tests to market sponsor's products they are pretty good. Though I sure as hell could do without these guys flying to UAE to ride hills.

Some of the good points they covered is the fact that cadence is unique to the individual but that the variations aren't all that large. That Compact gearing is even being used by pro's with 11's or now even 10's available for the small cog.

Standing while climbing which is certainly beating yourself up for no other reason than to climb in a bigger gear.

What I would like to see from them is the old Look Delta Pedal vs the new Look Deo Blade. The Delta is a large pedal and is difficult enough to hit accurately especially on hills where you've slipped out of one of the pedals. How does the Keo work in those conditions?

My Time and my Colnago are different generations and only weigh about one lb different. Since my summer-winter weight varies perhaps 5 lbs it isn't a weight problem but the Colnago rides SOOOO much better that there is more to this position than seat height and knee-cap over pedal center business.

10 years ago I was 64 years old and could ride really hard and recover in hours. Now it is taking me a day or two to recover from a metric. Even if I'm not pushing that hard. How bad do you suppose this is going to get? I don't like doing all easy rides so that I can ride the next day.

Saddles are in the eye of the beholder but GCN seems to not mind just about any saddle as long as it's light. I on the other had can tell 10 mm difference in saddle width and less than 4 in the roundness of the saddle across the top.

What about you guys?
Old March 19th 19, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/18/2019 4:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

" What about you guys?"
Could I climb better ten years ago?
Yes.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 19th 19, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
On 3/18/2019 4:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

Define better.

--
duane
Old March 19th 19, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 5:26:55 PM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
On 3/18/2019 4:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

The point wasn't if you could ride better when you were 30, it was how far is the degradation going to go? All of the old coots I know are younger than me except for a couple of 87 years olds. One of them can't ride anymore at all and the other one won't even try a hard ride. Using just those two data points doesn't give me any real information about how bad my climbing in particular is going to get.

Old March 19th 19, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
On 3/18/2019 4:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

The point was I train more now than 10 years ago. The training makes up
somewhat for the aging.

30? That as more like 30 years ago so that doesn’t count.

--
duane
Old March 20th 19, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 22:14:34 -0000 (UTC), Duane

AMuzi wrote:
On 3/18/2019 4:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

It is rather simple. One loses muscle mass as one grows older.
Everyone does, it is unenviable. So you train hard and gain back some
of the muscle fiber but the accumulative effect is still a loss.

--
Cheers,
John B.