Bike Swap Meet this weekend?

Old December 2nd 03, 06:41 AM
onegeargimp

Default Bike Swap Meet this weekend?

Hippy, yes I was in the ally of the main section.

That wasnt a Gary Fisher, it was a Klein Altitude. I was sitting opposit
that guy with a Avanti SS.

Yes, I spoke to the guys from Baum who had the Spot and a few other
bits.....I might grab some Pace Carbon forks off them soon...

Old December 2nd 03, 08:41 AM
cfsmtb

onegeargimp wrote:
Yes, I spoke to the guys from Baum who had the Spot and a few other
bits.....I might grab some Pace Carbon forks off them soon...

Just steer clear of the red Baum frame they had there too, I'm having
discussions with Santa. Ah, it would make a lovely Audax/Road bike for
a shortie like me.

Old December 2nd 03, 10:17 AM
hippy

"onegeargimp" wrote in message
Hippy, yes I was in the ally of the main section.

That wasnt a Gary Fisher, it was a Klein Altitude. I was sitting opposit
that guy with a Avanti SS.

Was it? Oh, I just read the stickers man! :-)

I don't recall the SS Avanti.. ah well.. one day!

hippy

Old December 3rd 03, 04:53 AM
Tim Jones

"hippy" wrote in message
"Shabby" wrote in message
Blackburn is planning another Swap Meet to coincide with the Australia
Day Madison (26/1/04).

Cool!

By the way, haven't seen you at track training/racing, Hippy......

Doh, busted!
I've been slack. I really don't like having to drive to ride
and I still haven't rigged up brakes on another fork for
the NotAGibson. Gotta try and keep the gf happy too,
hence dinner tonight. Maybe Thursday's novice session?

You want to buy a steel fork and RSX brake unit for $10?

You're welcome to a knackered STI unit for the brake lever as well.

Tim

Old December 4th 03, 12:41 AM
Etxy

Hippy wrote:
How hard is a Thu session? I might try for the one this week if it is
not going to push me too hard before the 24hr. hippy

From my memory- and remember I haven't been to a Thursday for a long
time- it consists of a warm up, some skills and then a few sprints etc.
I'm reliably informed by my junior junior friends(eg. the ones who don't
go to Monday or Wednesday sessions) that its fun, it has a focus on
friendliness and is well worth going to. I'd recommend you give it a
try, and I'll see what I can do about getting a Thursday night off work
and coming down to give you a hand. My guess is (unless you are really
quite incompetent ) that after a couple of sessions you'll be straight
to Monday nights training and have Thursdays free again for your beloved
Criteriums...

Duct Tape reduces vibration! Wayne Pein Techniques 22 April 29th 04 11:35 PM
Convert Hybrid to Touring bike Willy Smallboy Techniques 23 March 26th 04 01:03 PM
FAQ? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 October 1st 03 01:02 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM