Shock horror! a.b is really a Lefty clique!

Old October 30th 05, 10:19 PM
ritcho

Default Shock horror! a.b is really a Lefty clique!

cfsmtb Wrote:
Well, apparently down here we a
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t295025-critical-mass.html

[snip]

But a.b - a haven for lefties? Now dats funny.

[snip]

Yours in Perpetual Revolution,

cfs 'Red Star' mtb

Umm, of course we're lefties - all of our traffic keeps left.

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old October 30th 05, 10:42 PM
cfsmtb

Andrew Wrote:
Locally dirtworks can supply Salsa ones (www.dirtworks.com.au, find a
retailer near you), but my recommendation is for you, me, everybody, to
get on over to www.benscycle.com and buy lots of parts that you can't
get here from Jim (ebay @ benscycle dot com). He's a great guy to deal
with, has access to the QBP catalogue, plus also sells lots of other
neat kit on ebay under the seller bensbikes.

Search the 'super catalogue' for levers, specifically tektro for
cheaper,
cane creek/salsa/paul for more bling.

Ta muchly for the headsup. Hmmm, blingbling...

Andrew Wrote:

P'raps you should buy a Malvern Star, paint it olive drab, make the
star red and continue your velorution.

LOL! Nah, the levers are for the road bike. Trying out a 'interesting'
configuration of bullhorn bars, bar end levers & possibly cyclocross
brakes.

--
cfsmtb

Old October 30th 05, 10:57 PM
GPLama

"cfsmtb" wrote in message ...

GPLama Wrote:

So from my experience - Screw CM(ers).

Oh do cheer up, here's yr new team kit & gruppo:
http://tinyurl.com/bgx9d
http://tinyurl.com/9nlhb
http://tinyurl.com/d8cyf

ohh niiicee... I was hoping for adult sizes tho .. I'm tempted to get
that Google cycling kit - but the asking price is a little high..

cheers,
GPL

Old October 30th 05, 11:34 PM
Plodder

"deejbah" wrote in message

So, if I'm ambidextrous, does that mean I can't post here?

--
deejbah

Gee; I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous... %-)

me

Old October 31st 05, 01:19 AM
Andrew

Ta muchly for the headsup. Hmmm, blingbling...

Just remember that Tektro manufacture for Cane Creek, so don't waste your
pennies on CC levers.

LOL! Nah, the levers are for the road bike. Trying out a 'interesting'
configuration of bullhorn bars, bar end levers & possibly cyclocross
brakes.

That's not that unusual, I currently have chopped/flipped bullhorns, 1 non
aero lever which has recently been replaced with an aero, but due to the
curve in the horns you can't route the cable along the bar as the bend is
too tight and the cable doesn't retract properly. So check your brake
function before you get your bars all taped up.

I also can't use the 'cross lever inline as the current brake is a
centrepull with a cable hanger on the headset, again too tight a bend.

I'll be going back to the non aero lever, or perhaps butcher the bar end and
whack on a TT lever which will route along the bars nicely, then when my new
drops arrive I'll throw the aero/'cross combo on to be used with a sidepull
brake.

Old October 31st 05, 02:29 AM
cfsmtb

Andrew Wrote:

That's not that unusual, I currently have chopped/flipped bullhorns, 1
non
aero lever which has recently been replaced with an aero, but due to
the
curve in the horns you can't route the cable along the bar as the bend
is
too tight and the cable doesn't retract properly. So check your brake
function before you get your bars all taped up.

Ta muchly, again. I originally considered a cheapie option ie: flipped
n' chopped but realised there wasn't enought straight tube to allow bar
end levers to be slotted in. Hence, just purchased Profile Airwing 42cm
bullhorns. The current brakes are Shimano 600, I've run these
previously with a old pair of integrated v-brakes (arrrgg you cry,
that's sick!!!) But Tektro's sound just the ticket. Previously had
Salsa motopace bell lap 44cm bars with Kelly Take Off adapters. Lovely,
but I just can't make friends with drops. I'm short of height, legs
barely reach the ground & have upper back probs. Anyway, lets see if
this config is meant to be .

--
cfsmtb

Old October 31st 05, 09:11 AM
Terry Collins

deejbah wrote:
Ha ha, not quite, I was actually being literal. However, if we were
going by the political cliches, I would supposedly be one of the ones
on a CM corking intersections by myself, obstructing oncoming traffic
etc. etc. Then again, I'm a librarian!

I knew a red haired librarian once, could swear like a beauty. Quite a
few of the guys said they'd never heard such language from anyone, let
along a nice looking gel. And yes, it was from riding a section of road.