Where to get posidrive tip/bit set?

Old March 11th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.home.repair

Default Where to get posidrive tip/bit set?

I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:

http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm

Does anyone know of more options?
Old March 11th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, dh@. wrote:

I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:

http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm

Does anyone know of more options?

"Pozidriv" as a search term will get more hits, since that's the
actual trademarked name used by the Phillips Screw Company for the
product.

You'll find them at most automotive tool suppliers (including quite a
few auto parts stores) both by themselves and as part of various
driver bit assortments. Although Home Depot does not list them on
their website, the bits are present in a number of the tool sets they
sell. I'm not sure that they have a bit set that's just Pozidriv,
though; it's hard to say without going to a specific store because
Home Depot's website does not list anything close to the same
selection as their stores carry.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Old March 11th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.home.repair

dh@. wrote in message ...
I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:

http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm

Does anyone know of more options?

Best source for any screws and drivers
http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?sid=491

Old March 11th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.home.repair

dh@. wrote:
I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
Does anyone know of more options?

call Snap On, 1-800-TOOLS-4-U

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old March 11th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.home.repair

dh@. wrote:

I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:

http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm

Does anyone know of more options?

I don't know of a single Pozidriv fastener used on bike
equipment. What will you drive with it?

Old March 12th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, dh@. wrote:

I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot,

Then try a tool shop instead.

Or else take a Phillips bit and then grind the tip off. This isn't an
accurate Pozidriv form, but it's close enough for most jobs, and most of
the "pozidrive" screws (i.e. not Phillips or Reed) you encounter these
days aren't true Pozidriv form anyway.

Wiha or Snap-on do the best hex inserts
Old March 12th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.home.repair

dh@. wrote in message ...
I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:

http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm

Does anyone know of more options?

I bought a cheap set of Stanley "Fat Max" screwdrivers, 10 or so, at Wally
World, and at least 2-3 of them are posidrive, 3-4 Philips and the rest
flat. I have a good few British tools anyway, and there's no shortage of
posidrive amongst them. I guess they're a slightly more modern design and
hence generally anathema to the American outlook on things, in the main,
though...