Can't Give Back What They've Stolen

Old July 1st 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Can't Give Back What They've Stolen

"It's only a pity that all of those who have cheated in the past can't give
back what they've stolen."
Jean-Rene Bernaudeau
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060701...YwN5bmN hdA--

Old July 1st 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:
"It's only a pity that all of those who have cheated in the past can't give
back what they've stolen."

They have never been caught, so I assume that chances of Victories
being nullified are zero.

And I don't think that the top contenders not implied are innocent. The
point of the current case shouldn't be looking at the past, but just
the destruction of the rotten structure in the teams and UCI.

Old July 1st 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Tuschinski" wrote in message
ups.com...

B. Lafferty wrote:
"It's only a pity that all of those who have cheated in the past can't
give
back what they've stolen."

They have never been caught, so I assume that chances of Victories
being nullified are zero.

Which open up the issue of retroactive testing which J-R B hasn't addressed.

And I don't think that the top contenders not implied are innocent. The
point of the current case shouldn't be looking at the past, but just
the destruction of the rotten structure in the teams and UCI.

I agree with you and Davey that this absolutely does not mean that this
year's Tour will be clean. What may come of this is greater cooperation
between WADA, national governing bodies and police in various countries.
Only with police powers is there hope that doping will be markedly and
consistantly reduced. It will never be totally eliminated.

Really cool give back Bill C Racing 0 January 13th 06 12:12 AM
Cheat Mountain Challenge Ride Report (2005/09/25) Chris BeHanna General 0 September 30th 05 05:19 AM
Ride Report - Leicester to Hull and Back 25/26th June (LONG) David Bentley UK 9 June 30th 05 02:54 PM
RR: Singapore Bike Hash. My experience MikeyOz Australia 6 June 28th 05 11:02 AM
Back to Work Gags Australia 0 January 18th 05 11:52 AM