Contador press conference Fri

Old August 8th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Default Contador press conference Fri

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13062.0.html

Hmm...
Old August 8th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 8, 11:07 am, Dan Connelly
wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13062.0.html

Hmm...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ng/6937634.stm

The organizers disinvited him from the Hamburg
Cyclassics, it might be related to or prompted
by that. Or, maybe he's going to show up with
his chimera.

Not that he was going to win Hamburg anyway, but are
there any limits on the power of organizers to exclude
riders they don't like, even if they haven't been
sanctioned? Obviously the ASO has led the way here.
One can easily imagine this being abused.

Ben

Old August 8th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Hell and High Water

In article ,
says...
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13062.0.html

Hmm...

NO KIDDING HMMMMM!!!!

WOW! That's going to be interesting!!

'...won't be taking questions after he reads a prepared statement...'

HMMMM!!!

-Bob

Old August 8th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 8, 11:07 am, Dan Connelly
wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13062.0.html

Hmm...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ng/6937634.stm

The organizers disinvited him from the Hamburg
Cyclassics, it might be related to or prompted
by that. Or, maybe he's going to show up with
his chimera.

Not that he was going to win Hamburg anyway,

Why not? Someone who can win the Draai van de Kaai, can win anything.

Benjo

Old August 8th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MMan

On Aug 8, 4:07 pm, Hell and High Water
wrote:

'...won't be taking questions after he reads a prepared statement...'

That sounds horribly ominous to me. Budd Dwyer ominous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Budd_Dwyer

Old August 9th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 8, 2:00 pm, "benjo maso" wrote:
wrote in message

Not that he was going to win Hamburg anyway,

Why not? Someone who can win the Draai van de Kaai, can win anything.

http://www.dedraai.nl/?nStructureID=65

I note that Michael Boogerd was second.
Also, Contador has a disturbingly luminescent
crotch in that podium picture.

Ben

Old August 9th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
samson

In article om,
says...
wrote in message

Not that he was going to win Hamburg anyway,

Why not? Someone who can win the Draai van de Kaai, can win anything.

http://www.dedraai.nl/?nStructureID=65

I note that Michael Boogerd was second.
Also, Contador has a disturbingly luminescent
crotch in that podium picture.

Ben

That boy is irradiated. Do they test for plutonium?

S.
Old August 9th 07, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

wrote:
http://www.dedraai.nl/?nStructureID=65

I note that Michael Boogerd was second.
Also, Contador has a disturbingly luminescent
crotch in that podium picture.

Did you also note that Justin's son won Juniors?
And that the photo album starts in 1980? http://foto.dedraai.nl/foto/

--
E. Dronkert
Old August 9th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

wrote in message

Not that he was going to win Hamburg anyway,

Why not? Someone who can win the Draai van de Kaai, can win anything.

http://www.dedraai.nl/?nStructureID=65

I note that Michael Boogerd was second.
Also, Contador has a disturbingly luminescent
crotch in that podium picture.

Atomic Nad Patch. We've seen this before. Floyd wore a lead codpiece under his
shorts to keep his unseen.

Ron
Old August 9th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

wrote:
On Aug 8, 11:07 am, Dan Connelly
wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13062.0.html

Hmm...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ng/6937634.stm

The organizers disinvited him from the Hamburg
Cyclassics, it might be related to or prompted
by that. Or, maybe he's going to show up with
his chimera.

Interestingly, Bruyneel's interview just published on his web site:
http://www.johanbruyneel.com/column.aspx?id=93 ,
which was reproduced on cyclingnews.com, fails to discuss the press conference. If this was a blockbuster admission of guilt, you'd suspect the Contador-won story would have been toned down.

Dan

P.S. And I just test rode one of the '08 Madones yesterday, from Mike Jacoubowsky's shop, which did a fantastic job taking time to fit me up, even if it was just a test ride. Even though I'm not a big Ultegra fan (chunk-chunk; even my old 9-speed Dura-Ace, certainly my newer SRAM Rival, has a better shifting feel, to me), the bike was certainly stable, and felt good during the ride, which included some steep climbs, a semi-rough descent, and some sprints (FWIW, as I don't have much of a sprint). But I'm afraid if the MJ is taken away from Disco, the bike will lose its luster .

Video of Riis press conference Jason Spaceman Racing 0 May 26th 07 02:09 AM
Landis Press Conference steve Racing 8 July 29th 06 05:47 PM
Phonak Press Conference? B. Lafferty Racing 0 November 30th 04 08:21 PM
Phonak Press Conference? B. Lafferty Racing 0 November 30th 04 08:21 PM
Judith Arndt press conference? MMan37x Racing 3 August 18th 04 11:09 AM