Suburban Living Less Healthy

Old October 3rd 04, 04:10 PM
Fx199

in the $2.40 + range.

That's nowhere near 3 dollars now is it? You've taken 2 dollars and

stretched
it to it's highest limits in some crowded city.

Mathematically it depends on the range. It is closer to $3.00 if your
lower limit is less than $1.75. Your are splitting hairs using
literals, which doesn't say too much for you ability to look openly at
the discussion.

Plop

Christine

Plop right back.
You don't have to be a mathematician to know 2.40 is NOT anywhere close to 3
dollars. Splitting hairs looking for 3 dollar per gallon gasolinr after it was
declared to be, than hearing 2.40 was the highest anyone could come up with?
Please.
Why not just say gas is 4 bucks a gallon?
Old October 3rd 04, 04:36 PM
Paul Turner

Rush:

On a touring bike, you can easily average 25 miles per hour...

Clai

He meant 25 km/hour, doncha think?

No, I think he meant mph. Rush's argument was that anyone who lived within
13 miles of work should therefore be able to get there in half an hour or
less. I was glad of your remark and Jeff's, as I find it hard to average
13 mph on the way to work too, but now I don't feel so inadequate. My
commute's only 3 1/2 miles, but it is dense rush-hour traffic all the way,
with more than a dozen stop lights and many stop signs, so I find with
parking and locking and the like, it takes me about half an hour from the
time I walk out the door to the time I sit down at my desk. One of the
nicest half hours of the day, though, faster and much more pleasant than
taking a bus.

--
Paul Turner

Old October 3rd 04, 10:29 PM
Mark Hickey

Mark and Christine wrote:

Mathematically it depends on the range. It is closer to $3.00 if your
lower limit is less than $1.75. Your are splitting hairs using
literals, which doesn't say too much for you ability to look openly at
the discussion.

Plop

Christine

Christine, you have a great future ahead as a political speech writer.
;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Old October 3rd 04, 10:38 PM
Peter Cole

"Dick Durbin" wrote in message
om...
"Peter Cole" wrote in message

"Dick Durbin" wrote in message
Don't get me wrong here, I am not questioning the findings of the
study, just the methodology.

It's easy to confirm these results. Just go to a suburban mall and look
around.

You can tell just by looking at them that suburbanites have more
"chronic health problems such as high blood pressure, arthritis,
headaches and breathing difficulties" just by looking at them? Man,
you're good.

Sure, just sit by the stairs.

Old October 3rd 04, 10:42 PM
tcmedara

Dick Durbin wrote:
"Peter Cole" wrote in message
"Dick Durbin" wrote in message
Don't get me wrong here, I am not questioning the findings of the
study, just the methodology.

It's easy to confirm these results. Just go to a suburban mall and
look around.

You can tell just by looking at them that suburbanites have more
"chronic health problems such as high blood pressure, arthritis,
headaches and breathing difficulties" just by looking at them? Man,
you're good.

He's not a doctor, but he does play one on USENET....

Tom

Old October 3rd 04, 11:38 PM
Blair P. Houghton

Dick Durbin wrote:
The "study" was a telephone survey.

And I bet its published margin for error accounts for that.

--Blair
"Stay away from sewer grates."
Old October 4th 04, 03:20 AM
BringYouToLife

and yes, I meant Kilometers per hour, you know, the system EVERY OTHER COUNTRY USES.
Old October 4th 04, 03:24 AM
tcmedara

BringYouToLife wrote:
and yes, I meant Kilometers per hour, you know, the system EVERY
OTHER COUNTRY USES.

Looks like little Jr. cracked the AOL parental controls password today, eh?

Old October 4th 04, 02:48 PM
Claire Petersky

Friends:

Do a little google search on BringYouToLife .

I know what my next action is.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky