a new kind of bike failure

Old October 10th 04, 01:45 PM
Michael J. Klein

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:38:33 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

George Herbert Walker wrote:
Joshua Putnam wrote in message

I broke both arms in a crash several
years ago -- sudden over-the-bars experience like yours, only caused by a
dog darting out into my wheel.

Um, into? As someone else asked about a different crash: so what
happened to the dog?

I almost had that accident a few weeks ago.

Goddamned border collie, too.

Today was really weird for me. Dog runs out and tries to bite me,
after ignoring my wife just ahead of me. Kick to the face stops him.
A man then watches my wife pass by while tossing a cigarette in her
direction, not noticing that I'm behind her. I ride into the path of
the cigarette. 5 meters later, a van slows down, and I slow to go
around it on the right. Just as I'm about to reach it, he slams on
brakes, and throws it in reverse. Only the fact that I have a loud
voice saves me from being crunched. This all happened within a 100
meter stretch. I'm avoiding that area for awhile.

Michael J. Klein
Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
Old October 10th 04, 03:36 PM
Bill Sornson

Michael J. Klein wrote:

Today was really weird for me. Dog runs out and tries to bite me,
after ignoring my wife just ahead of me. Kick to the face stops him.
A man then watches my wife pass by while tossing a cigarette in her
direction, not noticing that I'm behind her. I ride into the path of
the cigarette. 5 meters later, a van slows down, and I slow to go
around it on the right. Just as I'm about to reach it, he slams on
brakes, and throws it in reverse. Only the fact that I have a loud
voice saves me from being crunched. This all happened within a 100
meter stretch. I'm avoiding that area for awhile.

Jeez, that was downright Badgeresque!

Bill "relatively few incidents (on road, anyway)" S.