Tsunami devistation

Old January 13th 05, 04:52 PM
Raptor

Mark Hickey wrote:
You might want to check with the Taliban to see if he did anything
besides play golf though - I think they'd disagree with you.

As governor, Bush hosted a Taliban delegation to work out a deal for
that oil pipeline. As president, he did diddly-squat about terrorism
until September 2001. So says everyone involved.

And Osama's bin Forgotten. (But that won't stop Shrub from crowing about
finally running the creature to ground when/if it ever happens.)

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Old January 13th 05, 04:54 PM
Raptor

James Calivar wrote:
"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
Try 8 months and change. I know it's easy to forget bush was president
in that time since he didn't do a god damn thing besides play golf and
let the economy slide for everyone but his Enron buddies.

Spoken like the true Michael Moore fanatics you are.

Care to cite ANYONE claiming that Shrub was working terrorism before
9/11? No one not currently in the administration says he did, and even
those currently hanging on can't show anything.

Old January 14th 05, 02:19 AM
Mark Hickey

Chris Phillipo wrote:

For seven ****ing minutes. Good call.

Try 8 months and change. I know it's easy to forget bush was president
in that time since he didn't do a god damn thing besides play golf and
let the economy slide for everyone but his Enron buddies.

Yeah, it would have been a lot more effective had he jumped up and run
out the door (changing absolutely nothing). Of course then you'd
probably be complaining that he acted scared or something equally
silly. Doesn't much matter what he does, there are legions of people
who will bitch about it.

You might want to check with the Taliban to see if he did anything
besides play golf though - I think they'd disagree with you.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old January 14th 05, 03:57 AM
James Calivar

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"J G" wrote:

"Chris Phillipo" wrote
Were those ships sitting vacant in a ship yard before
this happened or were they operating on Jesus dollars?

Some were berthed with minimal crews to maintain readiness. Full crews
can be mustered and be ready to sail in 6 to 24 hours.......

Let's not forget an aircraft carrier group that has been working the
area relentlessly either - logging LOTS of helicopter hours. There
are 6,000 sailors on the carrier alone.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

But wait! That's too NICE! Remember, US BAD. Military BAD. Republican
BAD. You're getting me all confusicated - it's just too much for faux
hipsters like me to handle - **** this, I'm gonna go drop acid!

Old January 14th 05, 03:59 AM
James Calivar

wrote in message
Compassion so they can get on their feet and say death
to imperial America. Who came running in 2001 on Manhatan Island they
were all Amerians no out side help. The out siders were laughing so hard
they couldn't move.

You are such a dumbass. A terrorist attack in which a net 3,000 deaths
occured - how is that even remotely similar to an act of God in which 50
times that amount died?? I'm not marginalizing 9/11, but this is a
completely different situation.

Old January 14th 05, 04:00 AM
James Calivar

.. .

--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

Spoken like the true Michael Moore fanatics you are.

Old January 14th 05, 12:48 PM
Mark Hickey

"J G" wrote:

"Chris Phillipo" wrote
Were those ships sitting vacant in a ship yard before
this happened or were they operating on Jesus dollars?

Some were berthed with minimal crews to maintain readiness. Full crews
can be mustered and be ready to sail in 6 to 24 hours.......

Let's not forget an aircraft carrier group that has been working the
area relentlessly either - logging LOTS of helicopter hours. There
are 6,000 sailors on the carrier alone.

But wait! That's too NICE! Remember, US BAD. Military BAD. Republican
BAD. You're getting me all confusicated - it's just too much for faux
hipsters like me to handle - **** this, I'm gonna go drop acid!

If it helps, it's being reported that the tsunami was all the US'
fault. Either we were doing underwater nuclear testing in the area,
or Allah decided to punish us for our evil deeds (though how he
figured that wiping out Indonesia - a heavily Muslim country - to do
that is beyond me).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old January 14th 05, 01:01 PM
Mark Hickey

Raptor wrote:

Care to cite ANYONE claiming that Shrub was working terrorism before
9/11? No one not currently in the administration says he did, and even
those currently hanging on can't show anything.

How 'bout Richard Clarke?

"...the first point, I think the overall point is, there was no
plan on Al Qaeda that was passed from the Clinton administration to
the Bush administration."

"the Clinton administration had a strategy in place, effectively
dating from 1998. And there were a number of issues on the table
since 1998. And they remained on the table when that
administration went out of office."

"the Bush administration decided then, you know, in late January,
to do two things. One, vigorously pursue the existing policy,
including all of the lethal covert action findings, which we've
now made public to some extent....The second thing the
administration decided to do is to initiate a process to look at
those issues which had been on the table for a couple of years and
get them decided." - Richard Clarke

Just in case you were really interested... he brought up other points
like Bush increasing the budget to get Al Qaeda by five times (IIRC),
and about changing the policy from reacting to Al Qaeda to one of
eliminating Al Qaeda.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old January 14th 05, 04:07 PM
Raptor

James Calivar wrote:
"Raptor" wrote in message

Care to cite ANYONE claiming that Shrub was working terrorism before 9/11?
No one not currently in the administration says he did, and even those
currently hanging on can't show anything.

--

I'd like to pose the same question the Democratic incumbant who held
office the 8 years prior.

Face it. Clinton stank. Bush stinks (but not as badly).

Not so. Clinton actually tried to hunt Osama down, but the political
climate called for playing sort-of nice. 9/11 did change that.

And of course there's the millenium celebration attack that didn't
happen. The 9/11 commission will tell you about that, and what credit
Clinton was due.

Shrub is a right winger. That's bad, but what's worse is he's an
incompetent right winger.