Tsunami devistation

Old January 8th 05, 05:15 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Slacker wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 07:51:48 -0500, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:

Raptor wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Raptor wrote:

I heard on NPR tonight that annually, 150,000 children die in
Indonesia before the age of five from everyday causes like
diarrhea, tetanus, malnutrition, etc.

Oh wait a second... NPR. That says it all.

Actually it doesn't. What does it say to you? (It was a journalist
who said it, one who worked that part of the world routinely, being
interviewed about the disaster.)

NPR = National Polit(bureau) Radio

NPR is rad http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4274791

I guess thay have to be played somewhere, since AOR isn't going to do
it. It fits the NPR mentality perfectly... No harm radio. Tell it
like it is as long as it's sweet, innocent, war and violence free.

Ugh, I think I'm going to go and vomit now.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 9th 05, 02:06 AM
Fred Barney

Ride-A-Lot says...

It's very sad, but I think this is a great opportunity for the USA and
especially the citizens of this country to show how compasionate we can
be. Many of the countries that were hit are Muslim countries. A show
of support from the US will surely go a long way to showing them that we
are not against them as the terrorists would have them think.

You expect gratitude? Don't bet on it.
Old January 9th 05, 02:20 AM
RonSonic

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:06:01 -0500, Fred Barney
wrote:

Ride-A-Lot says...

It's very sad, but I think this is a great opportunity for the USA and
especially the citizens of this country to show how compasionate we can
be. Many of the countries that were hit are Muslim countries. A show
of support from the US will surely go a long way to showing them that we
are not against them as the terrorists would have them think.

You expect gratitude? Don't bet on it.

An Egyptian paper is reporting that the tsunami was caused by Indian underwater
nuclear testing. Of course with the aid of the US and Israel. That's why we
were so quick to offer aid to those Islamic nations.

We'll help, but know we do it for ourselves, because of what we believe and know
of ourselves. As for gratitude, **** it. If I want gratitude I'll get a puppy.

Ron

Old January 9th 05, 05:04 AM
cc

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
J G wrote:

It's very sad, but I think this is a great opportunity for the USA and
especially the citizens of this country to show how compasionate we can
be. Many of the countries that were hit are Muslim countries. A show of
support from the US will surely go a long way to showing them that we are
not against them as the terrorists would have them think.

It's typical for us to think that money can show other nations that we truly
care. This is exactly the capitalist mindset. If money is the most important
thing, then surely giving it away will gain us resounding support in the
remainder of the world. Um .... wrong answer.

Old January 9th 05, 05:38 AM
Bill Sornson

cc wrote:

It's typical for us to think that money can show other nations that
we truly care. This is exactly the capitalist mindset. If money is
the most important thing, then surely giving it away will gain us
resounding support in the remainder of the world. Um .... wrong
answer.

Oh, horse****. Just the pure logistics of the campaign led by the U.S. is
astounding, over and beyond the huge monetary outlay. It isn't done to gain
favor.

By your logic we should just say "tough ****" -- those Osama-t-shirt-wearing
refugees will hate us anyway.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate our efforts can kiss our ass. (And we'll
STILL save theirs.)
--
BS (no, really)

Old January 9th 05, 05:58 AM
cc

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
cc wrote:

It's typical for us to think that money can show other nations that
we truly care. This is exactly the capitalist mindset. If money is
the most important thing, then surely giving it away will gain us
resounding support in the remainder of the world. Um .... wrong
answer.

Oh, horse****. Just the pure logistics of the campaign led by the U.S. is
astounding, over and beyond the huge monetary outlay. It isn't done to
gain
favor.

Well, I think that depends on who you ask. I can guarantee you that the
sentiment I was responding to is shared by more than a few folks on the
hill. I'm not saying it's not the right thing to do, or that there are not
many with their heads in the right places, but our foreign policy has shown
that the US is not run by altruists. It's not a black and white issue.

By your logic we should just say "tough ****" -- those
Osama-t-shirt-wearing
refugees will hate us anyway.

That is far from what I am saying. If you would have thought a little longer
before you hunt and pecked this knee-jerk response, you would realize that
it is not the action that I'm objecting to, but our perspective on
humanitarian issues, i.e. "we gave you money, you have to like us now." It
just doesn't work that way.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate our efforts can kiss our ass. (And we'll
STILL save theirs.)

Bill, this ridiculous remark only proves my point. Perhaps if we could take
a minute to try and understand other cultures before we decide what is right
for them, we might find ourselves out of our "asshole" role in world
politics.

--
BS (no, really)

Clearly

Old January 9th 05, 06:17 AM
BB

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:58:18 -0800, cc wrote:

Perhaps if we could take
a minute to try and understand other cultures before we decide what is right
for them, we might find ourselves out of our "asshole" role in world
politics.

Huh, and here we are thinking they need shelter, water,and medicine. Silly
us.

--
-BB-
Old January 9th 05, 06:25 AM
Slacker

On 9 Jan 2005 06:17:17 GMT, BB wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:58:18 -0800, cc wrote:

Perhaps if we could take
a minute to try and understand other cultures before we decide what i=

s =

right
for them, we might find ourselves out of our "asshole" role in world
politics.

Huh, and here we are thinking they need shelter, water,and medicine. =

Silly
us.

What the hell are you thinking!?!?!

What they really need is some well positioned claymore mines, anthrax =

laced fruit & veggies and a couple hundred thousand Wigi boards.

-- =

Slacker
Old January 9th 05, 06:42 AM
Bill Sornson

cc wrote:

[...]

Then why did you write what you did? Sure sounds black and white.

By your logic we should just say "tough ****" -- those
Osama-t-shirt-wearing
refugees will hate us anyway.

That is far from what I am saying. If you would have thought a little
longer before you hunt and pecked this knee-jerk response, you would
realize that it is not the action that I'm objecting to, but our
perspective on humanitarian issues, i.e. "we gave you money, you have
to like us now." It just doesn't work that way.

There you go again. It's NOT black and white, despite your opinion.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate our efforts can kiss our ass. (And
we'll STILL save theirs.)

Bill, this ridiculous remark only proves my point. Perhaps if we
could take a minute to try and understand other cultures before we
decide what is right for them, we might find ourselves out of our
"asshole" role in world politics.

So saving their lives and donating the materials to rebuild is "deciding
what's right for them"?

We literally can't win with your "Blame America First" crowd.

Old January 9th 05, 06:43 AM
Bill Sornson

BB wrote:
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:58:18 -0800, cc wrote:

Perhaps if we could take
a minute to try and understand other cultures before we decide what
is right for them, we might find ourselves out of our "asshole" role
in world politics.

Huh, and here we are thinking they need shelter, water,and medicine.
Silly us.

Bingo.

Bill "BB beats cc in a landslide" S.