Tsunami devistation

Old January 10th 05, 01:31 PM
Dave W

you said:

cc wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
cc wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
cc wrote:

So saving their lives and donating the materials to rebuild is
"deciding what's right for them"?

This thread is about tsunami aid. Your attitude is much larger in
scope. I was responding to the latter.

People can re-read the thread to see whose "attitude" a) came first; b) was
"black & white" (your term), and c) is flat-out wrong-minded (using any
excuse to blame "capitalism" when the thread WAS about providing
humanitarian aid...period).

Go ahead and get in your precious last word; I'm done.

Excellent Bill, simply excellent!
Old January 10th 05, 04:47 PM
Chris Glidden

wrote in message
No one remembers the earthquake in LA around 84 or 85.
I was asleep 160 miles to the north and it got me out of bed. I didn't
wine like a baby. **** happens you got to take like a man.

I don't recall a couple hundred thousand people dying in that earthquake. I
certainly remember the earthquake. How manly of you not to wine when your
precious sleep is disturbed. Lets see what you do when your entire family
is wiped out. I think you might just wine a little bit.

Old January 10th 05, 05:30 PM
BB

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:47:07 -0800, Goodoz wrote:

All pledges here were made by our democraticly elected officials, on
behalf of the American people (and, most of them ARE capitalists).

Not necessarily. The company I work for just announced that so far it has
donated $1.4 million, between employee donations, gift matching, and
corporate donations.

We're one of those "evil" corporations that cc is going on about.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old January 10th 05, 05:39 PM
Bill Sornson

BB wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:47:07 -0800, Goodoz wrote:

All pledges here were made by our democraticly elected officials, on
behalf of the American people (and, most of them ARE capitalists).

Not necessarily. The company I work for just announced that so far it
has donated $1.4 million, between employee donations, gift matching,
and corporate donations.

Right. The $350 million (sure to go up) is from the federal government;
private and corporate donations will probably far surpass that.

But let's bash America anyway.

We're one of those "evil" corporations that cc is going on about.

Pigs.
--
BS (no, really)

Old January 10th 05, 05:56 PM
cc

BB wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:47:07 -0800, Goodoz wrote:

All pledges here were made by our democraticly elected officials, on
behalf of the American people (and, most of them ARE capitalists).

Not necessarily. The company I work for just announced that so far it
has donated $1.4 million, between employee donations, gift matching,
and corporate donations.

Right. The $350 million (sure to go up) is from the federal government;
private and corporate donations will probably far surpass that.

I'm not saying all corporations are evil, but even you can't deny that they
have done great harm, even in the past decade . . and that's only what gets
spoonfed to us through their media outlets.

You can't have a progressive environment without dissent. If everyone
agreed, then you would have mindless complacence and issues wouldn't be
openly discussed. Political discussion (including disagreements) is GOOD.

Just because America has lot going for it doesn't mean it doesn't have
(major) problems. Things aren't just "good" or "bad."

Old January 10th 05, 05:58 PM
cc

wrote in message
No one remembers the earthquake in LA around 84 or 85.
I was asleep 160 miles to the north and it got me out of bed. I didn't
wine like a baby. **** happens you got to take like a man.

I don't recall a couple hundred thousand people dying in that earthquake.
I certainly remember the earthquake. How manly of you not to wine when
your precious sleep is disturbed. Lets see what you do when your entire
family is wiped out. I think you might just wine a little bit.

Thank you. Here is a perfect example of the loss of perspective I was
speaking about. Instead of your life beign threatened, it is a whole night's
sleep without being disturbed.

I really hope you're trolling, crazy. Your attitude is simply disgusting.

Old January 10th 05, 06:16 PM
Chris Glidden

wrote in message
No one remembers the earthquake in LA around 84 or 85.
I was asleep 160 miles to the north and it got me out of bed. I didn't
wine like a baby. **** happens you got to take like a man.

I don't recall a couple hundred thousand people dying in that earthquake.
I certainly remember the earthquake. How manly of you not to wine when
your precious sleep is disturbed. Lets see what you do when your entire
family is wiped out. I think you might just wine a little bit.

Thank you. Here is a perfect example of the loss of perspective I was
speaking about. Instead of your life beign threatened, it is a whole
night's sleep without being disturbed.

I really hope you're trolling, crazy. Your attitude is simply disgusting.

No kidding, very sad if it's not a troll.

Old January 10th 05, 06:19 PM
Bill Sornson

BB wrote:
[...]

No argument -- but you chose an inappropriate thread/subject/topic to insert
your anti-capitalist views, IMO. (Granted, I think Ride-a-lot was misguided
in stating that our giving aid would increase our standing in the Arab
world. That's why I said we do it with zero expectations of any
appreciation from those who hate us.)

/Sometimes/ America does the right thing and really is generous; hope you
can see beyond its faults and recognize that.

Good night now.

Old January 10th 05, 06:47 PM
Ride-A-Lot

cc wrote:

Just because America has lot going for it doesn't mean it doesn't have
(major) problems. Things aren't just "good" or "bad."

Nope. Just right.

And I don't mean that in a political way.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 10th 05, 09:44 PM

Which one they say USA or Taiwan and thats all 8.