Holy Roller - Mikefule

Old February 27th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Holy Roller - Mikefule

Mikefule,

You have mentioned how much you like the Holy Roller. I'm thinking of
getting one. I do street and light trail riding on a 24 inch wheel.

I have a DMR Moto Digger at the moment, it's great off road but on
tarmac is very squirelly, probably due to the knobbles being soft and a
squarish profile.

Do you have this problem with the Holy Roller or does it ride straight
on tarmac, how does it handle road camber. My other consideration would
be a Hookworm 2.5, but that would mean changing tyres every time I go
off-road.

Thanks

Andy

Old February 27th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

My Holy Roller is a 26 x 2.4"

Off road, it gives good steering and reasonable grip, and generally
inspires confidence.

On road? Well, most of my riding on this tyre is on mud or sand, but I
have not noticed a problem on the harder sections. It is certainly 100
times easier to ride than my old Gazzaloddi 2.3" which was virtually
unrideable on tarmac.

The cross section is very round, which means a narrow contact patch
(for a given pressure) and predictable steering. The grip is blocks
rather than knobbles, so there is always plenty of rubber in contact
with the ground.

People who jump and hop might find it heavy.

It also lacks that super soft cushioning effect that some tyres have.

Hope that helps.

--
Mikefule

"...some of the basic stuff, like not killing each other, should be
relatively obvious to anyone."

John Foss, the unicycling philosopher, goes right to the point.

Old February 28th 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thanks. I experimented with tyre pressure (in the dark and sleet last
night) and just couldn't get it right. Too soft and it pulls to one
side like crazy, too hard and it's really twitchy so I think I'll try
the Holy Roller and see how that goes.

--
andytait
andytait's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11766

24 X 2.4 Maxxis Holy Roller? john doe Unicycling 4 January 10th 06 06:08 AM
The Holy Roller Rides Again Mikefule Unicycling 5 October 15th 05 07:53 PM
Holy Roller Mikefule Unicycling 11 October 3rd 05 10:50 AM
Coker -v- Holy Roller Mikefule Unicycling 2 October 2nd 05 09:59 PM