So we were drooling over the 09 Kona catalog as I stopped by the LBSfor coffee

Old September 2nd 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default So we were drooling over the 09 Kona catalog as I stopped by the LBSfor coffee

Some fun stuff, like the neato "Dew Drop":

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewdrop_en.cfm

Should list for $700. Alu frame--nice and rigid. Tour on it, commute,
whatever. Fun stuff. The componentry qualifies as good enough to bang
around town or ride across the country. Don't know if I'd trust the
hubset to go all the way to Timbuktu.

But the one I like most is the Honky Tonk:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_honkytonk_en.cfm

$1K. Look ma, downtube shifters! Was designed for the Portland market--
funny, if I made a bike for Portland--I'd make it *aluminum*, duh. ;-)
Still, it's very handsome with the skinny tubes and it's pretty much
what 90% of what road bikes should look like on sales floors.

It's a really fun catalog this year, have a browse, much better color
palate than last year, which was too tropical. ;-)
Old September 3rd 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

landotter wrote:

[something about road bikes]

It's a really fun catalog this year, have a browse, much better color
palate than last year, which was too tropical. ;-)

I noticed that there's no Ute this year. It was a nice-looking cargo
bike at a very appealing price. Maybe next time they go out on that
kind of limb, they'll have the sense to make it in more than one
size!

Chalo
Old September 3rd 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Sep 2, 9:54*pm, Chalo wrote:
landotter wrote:

[something about road bikes]

It's a really fun catalog this year, have a browse, much better color
palate than last year, which was too tropical. ;-)

I noticed that there's no Ute this year. *It was a nice-looking cargo
bike at a very appealing price. *Maybe next time they go out on that
kind of limb, they'll have the sense to make it in more than one
size!

http://www.konaworld.com/09_ute_en.cfm

Still one size, but a nicer bag.

And a fun little movie:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewfiles_ep1.htm
Old September 3rd 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pm

On Sep 2, 8:01*pm, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 9:54*pm, Chalo wrote:

landotter wrote:

[something about road bikes]

It's a really fun catalog this year, have a browse, much better color
palate than last year, which was too tropical. ;-)

I noticed that there's no Ute this year. *It was a nice-looking cargo
bike at a very appealing price. *Maybe next time they go out on that
kind of limb, they'll have the sense to make it in more than one
size!

http://www.konaworld.com/09_ute_en.cfm

Still one size, but a nicer bag.

And a fun little movie:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewfiles_ep1.htm

Two sizes, 18" and 20". Both larger than last year's 17", oddly
enough.

Is it just the one bag instead of two?

-pm
Old September 3rd 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Sep 2, 10:27*pm, pm wrote:
On Sep 2, 8:01*pm, landotter wrote:

On Sep 2, 9:54*pm, Chalo wrote:

landotter wrote:

[something about road bikes]

It's a really fun catalog this year, have a browse, much better color
palate than last year, which was too tropical. ;-)

I noticed that there's no Ute this year. *It was a nice-looking cargo
bike at a very appealing price. *Maybe next time they go out on that
kind of limb, they'll have the sense to make it in more than one
size!

http://www.konaworld.com/09_ute_en.cfm

Still one size, but a nicer bag.

And a fun little movie:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewfiles_ep1.htm

Two sizes, 18" and 20". Both larger than last year's 17", oddly
enough.

That's what I get for looking at the header image instead of the
actual *specsheet*. Cool! The 17" was way too small for me as well.

Is it just the one bag instead of two?

Just the one, But then you can hang as many supplemental regular
panniers as needed on the other side. Smart. The first generation
panniers looked very lame.

Old September 3rd 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

landotter wrote:
And a fun little movie:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewfiles_ep1.htm

12 packs of beer and a huge, fresh fish from an open air market. Nope.
I can't find anything in your posting history to indicate you'd like
that bike or video at all.

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old September 3rd 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

landotter wrote:
[...]
And a fun little movie:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewfiles_ep1.htm

Does the fish smell wash out?

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old September 3rd 08, 10:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Chalo wrote:

landotter wrote:

I noticed that there's no Ute this year. *It was a nice-looking cargo
bike at a very appealing price. *Maybe next time they go out on that
kind of limb, they'll have the sense to make it in more than one
size!

http://www.konaworld.com/09_ute_en.cfm

Still one size, but a nicer bag.

Hmm. I guess I must have browsed their website before that model was
posted, but after most of the others were. Good news.

Chalo
Old September 3rd 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Sep 3, 4:11*am, Chalo wrote:
Chalo wrote:

landotter wrote:

I noticed that there's no Ute this year. *It was a nice-looking cargo
bike at a very appealing price. *Maybe next time they go out on that
kind of limb, they'll have the sense to make it in more than one
size!

http://www.konaworld.com/09_ute_en.cfm

Still one size, but a nicer bag.

Hmm. *I guess I must have browsed their website before that model was
posted, but after most of the others were. *Good news.

Chalo

Did you see that I was corrected as well? It's not 17" this year, but
18" and 20"! Grab yer mackerels!
Old September 3rd 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Sep 2, 10:01 pm, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 9:54 pm, Chalo wrote:

landotter wrote:

[something about road bikes]

It's a really fun catalog this year, have a browse, much better color
palate than last year, which was too tropical. ;-)

I noticed that there's no Ute this year. It was a nice-looking cargo
bike at a very appealing price. Maybe next time they go out on that
kind of limb, they'll have the sense to make it in more than one
size!

http://www.konaworld.com/09_ute_en.cfm

Still one size, but a nicer bag.

And a fun little movie:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_dewfiles_ep1.htm

This is NICE! You can do serious shopping with this bike.
Disk brakes - sth I miss on my Randonee when it rains.
Any idea how much Ute is? Is that one bag or two?