Not so good Waitrose.

Old January 17th 07, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Not so good Waitrose.

Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
their local Waitrose.
Well, ours are not so hot.
This is all we've got:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

That's one reason why I walk there.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old January 17th 07, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Simon Mason said the following on 17/01/2007 17:30:
Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
their local Waitrose.
Well, ours are not so hot.
This is all we've got:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

I can see the little posts for tying your dog up to, but where do you
put your bike?????

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old January 17th 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were
at their local Waitrose.
Well, ours are not so hot.
This is all we've got:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

That's one reason why I walk there.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

I think a real case of not understanding a cyclists needs. Mind you at my
local Asda they think that Sheffield stands are for trolley parking!

John

Old January 17th 07, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:39:04 +0000, Paul Boyd wrote:

I can see the little posts for tying your dog up to, but where do you
put your bike?????

Shared use Sheffield stand at Waitrose Newmarket:
http://www.camcycle.org.uk/map/location/8818/

Mike
Old January 17th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Steph Peters

"John" of ntl Cablemodem News Service wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
.uk...
Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were
at their local Waitrose.
Well, ours are not so hot.
This is all we've got:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

That's one reason why I walk there.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

I think a real case of not understanding a cyclists needs. Mind you at my
local Asda they think that Sheffield stands are for trolley parking!

Whereas at my local Aldi they direct cyclists to the rails around the
trolley park to use as cycle stands!
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group
Old January 17th 07, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

"Simon Mason" writes:

Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
their local Waitrose.
Well, ours are not so hot.
This is all we've got:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

That's one reason why I walk there.

Have a natter with the manager. I think all Waitrose staff are
shareholders so it's in their interests for you to want to shop there
and you'll carry more on a bike than you would if you were walking
etc. Ours has 5-6 hoops under cover but not in a nasty hidden place
where someone could mess around with a pair of boltcroppers
unobserved.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old January 17th 07, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Steph Peters wrote:
[...]

Having recently moved home, I went for the first time to my new bank
branch and found nowhere for bikes. I spoke to the young lady at the
Enquiry desk to suggest that they might consider a modest stand or two.
Looking at me as I stood there dressed in full winter cycling kit, she
told me "There's no need for bike parking because no-one comes here on a
bike"!!

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old January 17th 07, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Nutter

On 2007-01-17, Mike Causer wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:39:04 +0000, Paul Boyd wrote:

I can see the little posts for tying your dog up to, but where do you
put your bike?????

Shared use Sheffield stand at Waitrose Newmarket:
http://www.camcycle.org.uk/map/location/8818/

Nah, that's the latest in bike security technology that is...

Regards,

-david

Old January 18th 07, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Brian G wrote:
Steph Peters wrote:
[...]

Time to prove her right and sign up with the competition.

Well done Waitrose permajeo UK 36 January 16th 07 11:46 PM
Waitrose Trailers POHB UK 18 October 5th 05 11:01 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Dan Techniques 0 April 22nd 05 03:48 AM