Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15th 04, 02:51 PM
Dave

Default Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores?

Rick Onanian wrote in message . ..
(Dave) wrote:
with my much cheaper stuff. It will be interesting to see how the
Walmart bike holds up -- or falls apart. I'm not going to be jumping

Go to groups.google.com and search for
carl fogel fury roadmaster

A "self destruction" story? The particular bike I bought was the
Mongoose xr-200, which is a _pretend_ high-end bike.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ... 940864902498

http://www.dirtworld.com/COMMUNITY/g...p?message=1981

it or riding it cross-country. As for changing a tire I think dry rot
would be my primary risk. Fifty miles a week for half the year just
doesn't wear tires out.

Ultra-cheap bike tires do seem to last forever.

Indy 500 comes to mind -- good tires need to be changed constantly.