BBC - Cyclist Chased & Hit by Police car

Old September 16th 05, 09:47 PM
Adrian Boliston

Default BBC - Cyclist Chased & Hit by Police car

Just been watching this bizarre clip on the BBC site where a cyclist appears
to be knocked off, starts running, then gets run over!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...toryid=4254616

Old September 16th 05, 10:09 PM
vernon

"Adrian Boliston" wrote in message
Just been watching this bizarre clip on the BBC site where a cyclist

appears
to be knocked off, starts running, then gets run over!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...bram=1&news=1&
nbwm=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&nol_storyid=4254616

I think that there's more to the story than has been reported.

Old September 16th 05, 10:10 PM
D.M. Procida

rAdrian Boliston wrote:

Just been watching this bizarre clip on the BBC site where a cyclist
appears to be knocked off, starts running, then gets run over!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...?nbram=1&news=
1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&nol_storyid=4254616

The police are a bunch of ****ing *******s, except I'm probably never
going to have the misfortune of having this brought home to me
personally, because I'm not white, middle-class, educated and
articulate, not a black teenager (or an electrician).

Daniele
--
For sale: Apple PowerBook G4 17", 1.67GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB HDD, DVD
writer, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth, backlit keyboard. Almost brand
Old September 16th 05, 10:20 PM
Phil Clarke

D.M. Procida wrote:

I'm not white, middle-class, educated and articulate,
not a black teenager (or an electrician).

what are you then?
Old September 16th 05, 10:26 PM
D.M. Procida

D.M. Procida wrote:

because I'm not white, middle-class, educated and
articulate, not a black teenager (or an electrician).

er - "...because I'm white..." etc.

Sorry.

Daniele

Old September 16th 05, 10:44 PM
David Martin

MartinM wrote:
vernon wrote:
"Adrian Boliston" wrote in message
Just been watching this bizarre clip on the BBC site where a cyclist

appears
to be knocked off, starts running, then gets run over!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...bram=1&news=1&
nbwm=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&nol_storyid=4254616

I think that there's more to the story than has been reported.

do tell

They were chasing the gentleman in question as part of a drugs raid.
The two policemen in the car were in plain clothes and the car was
unmarked. The driver was subsequently convicted of Careless Driving.

As he plead guilty no evidence was shown in court.

...d

Old September 16th 05, 11:02 PM
David Martin

Adrian Boliston wrote:
Just been watching this bizarre clip on the BBC site where a cyclist appears
to be knocked off, starts running, then gets run over!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...toryid=4254616

This was the case of a suspect in a drugs operation who was chased by
two plainclothes policemen in an unmarked car.

The driver plead guilty to careless driving and was convicted.

...d

Old September 16th 05, 11:09 PM
Nick Kew

D.M. Procida wrote:

The police are a bunch of ****ing *******s, except I'm probably never
going to have the misfortune of having this brought home to me
personally, because I'm not white, middle-class, educated and
articulate, not a black teenager (or an electrician).

Our powers-that-be can be nasty even to middle-class whites, if they
think you're a bit foreign. It's happened to non-english (though
100% white) members of my family. It happened to me when I entered
England on a ferry from France driving an Italian-registered car.

But at least when the police do Bad Things (which I don't think is
all that common), they're pretty open about it. Not like the horror
of bureaucracy, let alone the sheer robbery of an institutionally
corrupt legal system.

--
Not me guv
Old September 16th 05, 11:09 PM
MartinM

David Martin wrote:
Adrian Boliston wrote:
Just been watching this bizarre clip on the BBC site where a cyclist appears
to be knocked off, starts running, then gets run over!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...toryid=4254616

This was the case of a suspect in a drugs operation who was chased by
two plainclothes policemen in an unmarked car.

The driver plead guilty to careless driving and was convicted.

plain clothes police go OTT and get the wrong man? Shirley not? ;-)

Critical Mass causes Sacramento Motorist to drive off road Ifoundmore Social Issues 2 July 18th 05 04:18 PM
Cyclist rant: back in black John UK 1099 March 18th 05 12:09 PM
Cyclist charged in road death Robert J. Matter General 42 January 11th 05 05:15 AM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM
Former Miss America kills cyclist WBtobal General 55 October 18th 03 06:03 AM