Festive greetings!

Old December 24th 08, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat[_2_]

Default Festive greetings!

Morning! Festive greetings!

For those of us with children and those of us still children at heart, it's
good to see the men & women of NORAD are once again providing the very
useful service of tracking Santa's progress round the globe on Christmas
Eve..

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html

Merry Christmas and may your yuletide be puncture free!

Old December 24th 08, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
Morning! Festive greetings!

For those of us with children and those of us still children at heart,
it's good to see the men & women of NORAD are once again providing the
very useful service of tracking Santa's progress round the globe on
Christmas Eve..

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html

Merry Christmas and may your yuletide be puncture free!

We had to phone NORAD up once to enquire where one of our satellites had
gone. To be fair, it was launched on an ICBM from a Russian silo site
and had gone a bit squiffy, so we thought they'd either a) know where it
was or b) be interested in where it is.

Chaps, the days are getting longer!

Old December 24th 08, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

"Tosspot" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
Morning! Festive greetings!

For those of us with children and those of us still children at heart, it's
good to see the men & women of NORAD are once again providing the very
useful service of tracking Santa's progress round the globe on Christmas
Eve..

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html

Merry Christmas and may your yuletide be puncture free!

We had to phone NORAD up once to enquire where one of our satellites had
gone. To be fair, it was launched on an ICBM from a Russian silo site and
had gone a bit squiffy, so we thought they'd either a) know where it was or
b) be interested in where it is.

Chaps, the days are getting longer!

Merry Christmas to you all

and let us hope that the New Year is kind to us all,

Wishes rarely come true but it is always surprising how life seems to pan
along and unhappy events pass by and leave us ready to face another year.

To those who have lost friends and relations in the recent past Christmas can
be a time of sad memories but perhaps it can also be a time to recall happy
memories too.

I was born and raised as a Christian and confirmed in that faith too. I have
been a singer all my life and Church music and songs have provided me with a
huge amount of pleasure, So I find it sad to admit that I ceased to believe in
"God" many years ago.

But that does not stop me from enjoying the time of Christmas where just for a
couple of days the world seems just a little less aggressive. Sadly it is all
to short lived and the world returns to its inevitable warring and wrangling.

I also have to thank my background as a Christian for being largely
responsible for my inherent standards of right and wrong..

I do find well established traditions are invaluable for providing a bedrock
on which to build ones life.

My grandson, last Christmas finally admitted to knowing that there was no
father Christmas ( I think he hedged his bets for a couple of years before
that!) -- but he still agrees with me that before going to bed on Christmas
eve a mince pie and a piece of Christmas cake together with a bottle of beer
are placed out ready for the night visitor. I still do it -- and magically,
even though I live on my own, it is always gone in the morning!

And the Norad tracker is ace!

So Merry Christmas to everyone!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old December 24th 08, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
m...

I was born and raised as a Christian and confirmed in that faith too. I
have been a singer all my life and Church music and songs have provided me
with a huge amount of pleasure, So I find it sad to admit that I ceased to
believe in "God" many years ago.

Me too, but I get great pleasure out of working for colleagues who have
small children, so they can take it off. I will be on the road for 5-00 am
tomorrow so that my mate can be at home with his young son :-) Still, I
expect WVM to be absent tomorrow, so it should be a very pleasant ride in!

Have a happy and safe 09, folks.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old December 24th 08, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
polly

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:35:17 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:

snip

To those who have lost friends and relations in the recent past Christmas can
be a time of sad memories but perhaps it can also be a time to recall happy
memories too.

For Christ's sake - don't set him off.

Old December 24th 08, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:28:41 +0000, polly said in
:

For Christ's sake - don't set him off.

Set who off, judith? And I thought your mym-shifting was supposed
to be a response only to the trollwatch posts, which we are told
have stopped?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old December 24th 08, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly polly

To those who have lost friends and relations in the recent past Christmas
can
be a time of sad memories but perhaps it can also be a time to recall
happy
memories too.

For Christ's sake - don't set him off.

here here

Merry Christmas hic

Old December 24th 08, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:28:41 +0000, polly said in
:

For Christ's sake - don't set him off.

Set who off, judith? And I thought your mym-shifting was supposed
to be a response only to the trollwatch posts, which we are told
have stopped?

Would you be interested in this bridge I have for sale?