is this really smart

Old May 27th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default is this really smart

i haven't did anything on my uni except ride and a few other thing that
are small. the reason for this is i have been saving up for a trials
uni and i haven't got it yet. it this stupid or should i wait for my
trials uni then ride hard. i think i would be a whole lot better if i
had my trials uni because i wouldn't b e afraid to break my uni. the
question is should i start riding hard and probably break my uni of
just wait.

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.

unicycle for christ
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

Old May 27th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think your current uni will hold up alright untill you get your
trials. As long as your not doing like 6ft drops on it or anything nuts
like that it should be fine. I rode my learner uni into the ground with
drops of up to 2 feet onto the grass and 1.5 ft to hard concrete and i
weight 230lbs and the cranks are still straight as pins

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 27th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I didnt say go ride hard!...I said that it *could* take it...I didnt say
you should go try to break it!

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

Old May 27th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Its your uni,...

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

Old May 27th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Spend your time now with the wimpy uni learning freestyle. Freestyle
won't break the unicycle and you'll be a better rider when you finally
get your trials uni.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old May 27th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Is there any point in wrecking a perfectly good unicycle because you
can't wait for your new one to arrive? Don't ride it hard, learn some
freestyle instead and then even if once you get your trials you don't
want to ride it anymore atleast it has resale value.

--
kington99

Dave

Old May 27th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I had to wait for my trials just like you are now.

What I did, was keep things simple, but still being able to advance in
trials, by practicing my accuracy, jumping form one tiny stone, to the
next, to the next, riding along skinnies, learning good rollout and
landing techniques. All of that can be done with out even going off a
1-foot drop, you can even use chalk to draw squares on the ground or
lines and use those as obstacles, squares can be rocks, lines can be a
pole.

You can continue using your old uni for freestyle, as have been said
before, and keep it to practice the small important things that really
matter.

Once you get a trials you can start practicing the drops and heights
that would brake your old uni, but because you honed in on your
important skills on your old one, your gonna be really good on the new.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'