Brightest tail light

Old December 13th 17, 06:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Brightest tail light

I am looking to buy the brightest bike tail light.

Looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Andy
Old December 13th 17, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 9:13:28 AM UTC-8, Andy wrote:
I am looking to buy the brightest bike tail light.

Looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Andy

The L&M Vis 180 Pro: spendy, but good. http://www.lightandmotion.com/choose-your-light/vis-180 https://www.bikelightdatabase.com/li...motion/vis180/ I have the cheaper 70 lumen version.

There are more assaultive flashing tail lights, and I've ridden behind them -- until I could get around. I don't know the brands, but I'm sure you could find them at an aviation site under "landing lights." The Vis is nice because it pulses, as does the L&M Urban series front lights. It's very visible but will not injure those in close proximity.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old December 13th 17, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 09:13:25 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I am looking to buy the brightest bike tail light.
Looking for recommendations.
Thanks,
Andy

400 lumens from the rear red light. Viewable 360 degrees. Guaranteed
to blind any driver or bicycle rider in any direction.
https://www.orfos.us
https://www.orfos.us/pages/flarepro
Hint: The trick to "be seen" is to NOT blind those that are trying to
see where they are riding or driving.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old December 13th 17, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JQ

On 12/13/2017 12:13 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking to buy the brightest bike tail light.

Looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi,

I had a name brand that 2 watt rear light costs like $35 at LBS. Don't
remember the name but it eventually broke so i bought a no name from
China off of Ebay and it worked just as well for around $10 and those
have lasted longer! I use it on blinking (most state laws says light is
to be non blinking, never had a police say anything negative) because
you become more visible! The light is one of the brightest and on
blinking you get over well over 100 hrs on the alkaline batteries. I've
only seen one light brighter, it was huge, batteries didn't last long
and it was super expensive...

--
Ride fast, ride hard, ride for health and enjoyment... Coach JQ Dancing
on the edge

---

Old December 18th 17, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights[_2_]

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 9:13:28 AM UTC-8, Andy wrote:
I am looking to buy the brightest bike tail light.

Looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Andy

"Off MY Tail" light from a few years ago before switching to headlights.
https://www.facebook.com/OculusLight...31 941&type=3
and
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
1000+ lumen headlight inside the red and amber structure, with brake light motion switching.
Impractical for a commercial product.

Old December 18th 17, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/13/2017 9:13 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking to buy the brightest bike tail light.

Looking for recommendations.

The brightest is one of the Lightman xenon strobes.
http://www.lightmanstrobes.com/commuter-strobe-kit

The downside is that the battery life of the xenon strobes is less than
that of LEDs, but there's no comparison in terms of brightness.

The tail light I like is the Cateye TL-DL1100
http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/TL-LD1100/

Buy it at
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CATEYE-2015-New-Bike-Light-Rear-Tail-Light-Warning-Lamp-Safety-Flashlight-Red-Lights-LD1100-Bicycle/32596712188.html

Also look at the 300 lumen STRIP DRIVE PRO (REAR)
http://www.lezyne.com/product-led-sport-strippro.php. But it lacks side
pointing LEDs.

Also look at the City Slicker 500 lumen rear light
https://www.candb-seen.co.uk/product-rear-light.html. But it lacks
side pointing LEDs.