Visibility Enhancement

Old December 5th 04, 03:06 PM
Jim

Default Visibility Enhancement

Please view www.gloglov.com. I have no confirmed data to prove these
visibility enhncements do what is purported. They are cheap
considering the advantage one may gain and easily incorporated in
cycling attire. I believe that when I signal a turn in traffic, my
hand will more realiably be seen. It seems obvious that a bear hand
or one covered with a glove will not be as visible as when wearing
this product.
Other than being a customer, I have no connection with this product or
company.
Jim
Old December 5th 04, 03:37 PM
Pat

: Please view www.gloglov.com. I have no confirmed data to prove these
: visibility enhncements do what is purported. They are cheap
: considering the advantage one may gain and easily incorporated in
: cycling attire. I believe that when I signal a turn in traffic, my
: hand will more realiably be seen. It seems obvious that a bear hand
: or one covered with a glove will not be as visible as when wearing
: this product.
: Other than being a customer, I have no connection with this product or
: company.
: Jim

Hey, just a bear riding a bicycle would be enough to get attention in
Dallas!

Pat in TX

Old December 5th 04, 11:48 PM
Robert Haston

They are just reflective tape sewn onto gloves - and lots of photography
tricks and hype:

"Visible up to 4 miles away with night vision goggles" I can se you take a
puff off a cigarette 4 miles away with NVGs.

om...

Old December 6th 04, 12:11 AM
Eric Jorgensen

On 5 Dec 2004 07:06:01 -0800
(Jim) wrote:

Please view
www.gloglov.com. I have no confirmed data to prove these
visibility enhncements do what is purported. They are cheap
considering the advantage one may gain and easily incorporated in
cycling attire. I believe that when I signal a turn in traffic, my
hand will more realiably be seen. It seems obvious that a bear hand
or one covered with a glove will not be as visible as when wearing
this product.

I considered modifying one of my own pairs of gloves, and then realized
that if they don't see the 18 blinking red LEDs on my taillight, they won't
see my glowing hand. One of these days some soccer mom is going to take my
left arm off.

Old December 6th 04, 03:03 AM
Pat

: I considered modifying one of my own pairs of gloves, and then realized
: that if they don't see the 18 blinking red LEDs on my taillight, they
won't
: see my glowing hand. One of these days some soccer mom is going to take my
: left arm off.

Come to Texas and it'll be a yahoo driving a pickum up truck.

Pat in TX
:

Old December 6th 04, 06:13 AM
skip

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message

snip
One of these days some soccer mom is going to take my
left arm off.

You left out the SUV part. Soccer moms always drive SUVs. And they're
always a big SUV's. And you forgot the cell phone part. Soccer moms always
talk on cell phones while they drive. This is true. Just ask anybody.

Cycling would be safe again if we could get a law passed to make kid's
soccer illegal. Start a petition in your neighborhood. Do your part.
Let's get the soccer mom off the road and back in the kitchen where she
belongs.

skip

Old December 6th 04, 12:23 PM
Arne

Sorry, Skip, but you make the premise that if there were no more soccer,
Moms would stop talking... take it from me, that just isn't true... they
would talk even more decrying the demise of soccer and how their kids are
now mentally malnourished.. And, who on the school board or who at the town
hall they should call to get soccer back.

I am of the opinion that most of those conversations while driving are of
the "yup, I'm almost at your house now, just getting ready to pull into your
driveway type".... and "when I get there, we can have a nice chat"...

Women just seem to have a 'need-to-talk' gene.... guys seem to have a
'need-to-watch-football' gene.
..
Arne, USA
..
..

Old December 6th 04, 04:49 PM
skip

"Arne" wrote in message
Sorry, Skip, but you make the premise that if there were no more soccer,
Moms would stop talking... take it from me, that just isn't true... they
would talk even more decrying the demise of soccer and how their kids are
now mentally malnourished.. And, who on the school board or who at the
town hall they should call to get soccer back.

I am of the opinion that most of those conversations while driving are of
the "yup, I'm almost at your house now, just getting ready to pull into
your driveway type".... and "when I get there, we can have a nice chat"...

Women just seem to have a 'need-to-talk' gene.... guys seem to have a
'need-to-watch-football' gene.
.
Arne, USA
.
.

Oh I know there's great truth to what you say Arne, but from reading ARBR it
is clear that it's the soccer moms who are the real troublemakers. Oh sure,
every now and again there is a little old blue haired lady down in Florida
who can barely see over the steering wheel of her 80's Cadillac or one of
them mullet haired trailer trash beer drinkin wife beatin 'necks in a Texas
pickup who will run a cyclist or two off the road here and there. But all
of us here at ARBR know soccer moms are the real menace and we simply must
join together to ban kid's soccer and get these women off the road.

Don't you agree?

skip

Old December 6th 04, 08:39 PM
Arne

Here is the scene:

I'm driving down a state route 2 lane road. speed limit 45 mph.

Guy in a miata pulls out in front of me and does not accelerate, but goes
about 10 miles per hour.

I get on his rear bumper by virtue of my speed and thinking he is going to
accelerate (bad assumption on my part).

I blow horn and yell at him.

He leans over to look in his side view mirror... I can see he is talking on
cell phone....

Police car goes by in other direction....... Miata pulls off to side and
into convenient driveway.

Fast forward 2 minutes:

Police car did a 180, and pulls me over a couple of miles down the road. As
he is explaining to me talking on a cell phone is legal and the fellow was
probably just calling for directions and pulled into driveway of a
friend...... the Miata goes by..

I get a verbal warning. The a$$hole in the Miata dupes the cop and goes
merrily on his way....

So, the only thing I have against soccer in our growing community is all the
community fields are marked off with lime, the parents are saying we need
more fields "WE HAVE TO DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!" How sick of that one I am...

So, it's the phones, not the soccer........ my feeling is, if someone is
caught talking on a cell phone while driving, they are stopped and it is
destroyed on the spot, with a federally approved cell phone destruction
device (i.e., a hammer).... that would cut down on a lot of problems.......

Today, no kidding, a guy was weaving down the interstate.... why? He was
reading..........
..
Arne, USA
..
..

Old December 6th 04, 09:11 PM
Eric Jorgensen

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:39:29 -0500
"Arne" wrote:

So, it's the phones, not the soccer........ my feeling is, if someone is
caught talking on a cell phone while driving, they are stopped and it is
destroyed on the spot, with a federally approved cell phone destruction
device (i.e., a hammer).... that would cut down on a lot of
problems.......

Here's my favorite.

My commute home from work used to have me turning right onto a busy two
lane+ left turn lane road where it intersects with the main drag. At
end-of-day rush the heavy traffic is going the opposite direction i am.

I then turn left about 100 yards down, onto a side street that passes
right by my block. This street terminates here, doesn't continue on the
other side. Traffic frequently backs up illegally across this intersection
under the perception that nobody needs to go down that road, or something.

So, I'm driving home one day, hang a right, pull into the left turn
lane, and, meet a soccer mom in her Escalade nose to nose in the left turn
lane. She's crossing the intersection /in the left turn lane/.

I sat there and stared at her for a good 10 minutes or so before she
figured out that i wasn't going to get out of my lane so that she could
illegally proceed through it. It was a while before anybody let her back
into her lane.

Sure, I was inconvenienced, but I'm way more patient than the average
soccer mom, and was more amused than annoyed. She was visibly enraged and
perplexed. How dare i block the path of royalty with my meager VW?

A month later the city finally installed a large island on this
intersection, protecting the west-south left turn lane. There were many
skid marks from truck tires across the top of it shortly.

Today, no kidding, a guy was weaving down the interstate.... why? He was
reading..........

Cops say that happens all the time. People try to deny it when they get
pulled over but the corners of the newspaper curled over the steering wheel
is a dead giveaway.

Don't even ask what some bored truckers do to pass the time.

Best helmet for visibility? (color on underside of rear) Jeff Potter General 17 November 9th 04 04:41 PM
leeds afety high visibility clothing mike UK 1 December 11th 03 11:44 AM
visibility wle Techniques 2 December 9th 03 06:59 PM
know where i can get a visibility flag? George Stuteville Recumbent Biking 13 October 13th 03 10:45 PM
Extra visibility on winter evenings Danny Colyer Unicycling 1 September 28th 03 08:56 PM