Friday

Old July 20th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default Friday

Let me see...ah yes.. I'm looking for someone about 30 minutes
off...here it is.

19 José Azevedo (Por) Discovery Channel
34.01

This guy will win the stage Friday by 35 minutes and take the yellow.

Don't laugh!

Andre

Old July 20th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"Andre" wrote in news:1153425674.337261.29510
@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Let me see...ah yes.. I'm looking for someone about 30 minutes
off...here it is.

19 José Azevedo (Por) Discovery Channel
34.01

This guy will win the stage Friday by 35 minutes and take the yellow.

Don't laugh!

Andre

They'll let him, because they know he can't TT.

Old July 21st 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Raptor

Andre wrote:

Let me see...ah yes.. I'm looking for someone about 30 minutes
off...here it is.

19 José Azevedo (Por) Discovery Channel
34.01

This guy will win the stage Friday by 35 minutes and take the yellow.

Don't laugh!

Andre

Sorry, I laughed because it sounds entirely plausible.

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,
Old July 21st 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

sonarrat wrote:
On that note, I predict Robbie McEwen pulls a little sleight of hand,
rigs it so he finishes the stage at the same time as the rest of the
pack starts, and takes both green and yellow.

Or he wins the TT.

Old July 21st 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:59:11 -0700, sonarrat
wrote:

On that note, I predict Robbie McEwen pulls a little sleight of hand,
rigs it so he finishes the stage at the same time as the rest of the
pack starts, and takes both green and yellow.

To try to avoid an American from winning the Tour yet another time,
the organizers have announced that in the spirit of last year's final
stage, the final sprint bonuses will be announced on the final lap,
but will be at least 35 minutes.

Several riders were quick to point out that Australians definitely are
not simply Americans with bad accents. Floyd Landis is now arguing he
is an Australian with a bad accent.

The organizers promised to sort this all out sometime during the final
lap in Paris.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old July 21st 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

Floyd Landis is now arguing he is an Australian with a bad accent.

Well he does look like an Australian.

Old July 21st 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:20:29 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

Floyd Landis is now arguing he is an Australian with a bad accent.

Well he does look like an Australian.

but dresses even worse.

Ron
Old July 21st 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bob sullivan

wrote:
On that note, I predict Robbie McEwen pulls a little sleight of hand,
rigs it so he finishes the stage at the same time as the rest of the
pack starts, and takes both green and yellow.

To try to avoid an American from winning the Tour yet another time,
the organizers have announced that in the spirit of last year's final
stage, the final sprint bonuses will be announced on the final lap,
but will be at least 35 minutes.

Several riders were quick to point out that Australians definitely are
not simply Americans with bad accents. Floyd Landis is now arguing he
is an Australian with a bad accent.

The organizers promised to sort this all out sometime during the final
lap in Paris.

I bet Henri Desgrange would have tried something like this, back in the
day.

~bob

Paddlefest 2005 kicks off Friday Garrison Hilliard General 3 July 6th 05 11:40 PM
2004 Bike Friday jboalick Marketplace 0 December 9th 04 06:29 PM
Brooklyn Critical Mass -- Inaugural Ride this Friday Jym Dyer Social Issues 0 July 5th 04 04:40 PM
Friday was a great day! Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 3 June 9th 04 03:00 AM
Northern CA, Northern Marin Friday Road Ride - Novato, CA Loren Winzeler Rides 2 January 23rd 04 07:36 AM