Trek 4 the Troops

Old October 27th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
trg

Default Trek 4 the Troops

a écrit dans le message de news:

Rich Clark wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

So, I'd like to ask everyone to NOT hijack the thread, turning it into
a political debate. That's been done to death in previous threads and
isn't appropriate here.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to decide what's appropriate. *I* don't
think
it's appropriate for someone to represent bicyclists, even by the
remotest
inference, as supporting this war, since I am a bicyclist and I don't
support the war.

You may think that it's possible to separate "support the troops" from
"support the war," but I don't. The troops are there to execute an
immoral
and illegal policy on behalf of a rogue government, and the only support
can conscientiously give them is to try to get them out of there. Helping
them in their mission makes me complicit in it.

I would support you riding across America on a "bring the troops home
now"
mission, however, and would be happy to donate to that.

RichC

Funny, but the only reason you get to express your sentiments on this
is because better men than you have fought to preserve that right.

Fred

The real funny thing is that we have those right in the first place because
those men fought against their own government to obtain them. Read
Washington's (commander of the Revolutionary forces) Farewell Address
comments about the dangers of an "overgrown military establishment" and the
framers general adversin to foreign entanglements.

Eisenhower's (Supreme allied commander WWII) Farewell Address is
enlightening too.

Old October 27th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
trg

"Donald Munro" a écrit dans le message de news:
.. .
bill wrote:
The 51st state, Iraqi oil fields.

Donald Munro wrote:
Presumably the name of this new state would be Haliburton.

Howard Kveck wrote:
Cheneystan.

Presumably UCI licenses would be available in Cheneystan.

Nope, Bicycling in Cheneystan would be punishable by waterboarding. The best
you could hope for is that they'd allow gas-guzzling dernys.

Old October 27th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Ozark Bicycle

Donald Munro wrote:
bill wrote:
The 51st state, Iraqi oil fields.

Presumably the name of this new state would be Haliburton.

And the capital? Cheneyopolis?

Old October 27th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
RicodJour

Howard Kveck wrote:
Cheneystan.

Presumably UCI licenses would be available in Cheneystan.

Of course they wouldn't. We don't need no steenkin' licenses. As long
as you had large corporation sponsorship, you're good to go. Doping
would be legal and sponsored. The only drawback is that Der Tour de
Cheneystan awards ceremony would be presided over by what appears to be
a world record grimacing hemorrhoid.

Old October 27th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Default Minority Opinion

In rec.bicycles.misc Ghost of Chicago Stadium wrote:
The majority of America has elected George Bush twice. I understand your
right to a minority opinion, but please remember it is a minority opinion.
I think the original poster deserves more respect.

\ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 /
\ \ 1 9 /
\ 0 \ 10 /
\ \ TROLL-O-METER /
\ \ /
\ \ /
\___\______________________/
\ /
\....................../

--
Dane Buson -
"I still can't understand people buying $30,000 trucks to haul their $15,000
Old October 27th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan Gregory

Ghost of Chicago Stadium wrote:
The majority of America has elected George Bush twice.

Isn't that open to some debate?
Old October 27th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Ozark Bicycle

Dan Gregory wrote:
Ghost of Chicago Stadium wrote:
The majority of America has elected George Bush twice.

Isn't that open to some debate?

*some* ???

Road Bike Geometry: Traditional vs. Comfort (eg. Trek 1000 vs. Trek Pilot 1.0) Gray Techniques 32 September 14th 06 11:48 PM
Posting #201 for Doug's old used Trek seatpost: the benefits Frank Marketplace 2 February 21st 05 10:36 PM
Opinions Trek 1000 Brett General 31 September 30th 04 06:00 AM
2004 - Trek 1400? Trek 1200? comments? yuri budilov Techniques 1 April 4th 04 10:53 PM
Klein vs. Trek (crossposted) Lester Long Techniques 9 September 29th 03 06:47 PM