EPO and T Mobile

Old May 24th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default EPO and T Mobile

Where do we go from here?

Another rider comes out of the woodwork and what happens next? Luckily
for T Mobile a change of roster and a new image at the end of last
season has perhaps given them a clean break. What does it mean for the
likes of 'great british hope for the future' Mark Cavendish? I'm
hopeful that we really can see a clean peloton in the future but as it
appears this has never been the case will my hopes and dreams ever
come true?

Here's to Bob Stapleton and his young T Mobile bucaneers. Good luck
boys - do it clean!

"Telekom has been an active sponsor of cycling for 16 years and has
always strived to take responsibility for the sport. At present
cycling is not image-enhancing, so we had two possibilities; either to
pull the plug on our sponsoring or fulfill our sponsorship agreement
until 2010.

"We have decided on the latter course. We want to give Bob Stapleton
and his young team the chance to continue on their clean, clear and
transparent course - and live up to our commitment and responsibility
to shape change in cycling. That is what we set out to do when we re-
launched the team last September."

http://www.t-mobile-team.com/tmo_tea...794/ref/889390

Old May 24th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On May 24, 7:23 am, wrote:
Where do we go from here?

Well I'm wondering what we will be learning about Telekom riders in,
say, the '96 Tour. Anybody remember who was riding for them there and
how they did?

DR

Old May 24th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jan

DirtRoadie wrote:
On May 24, 7:23 am, wrote:
Where do we go from here?

Well I'm wondering what we will be learning about Telekom riders in,
say, the '96 Tour. Anybody remember who was riding for them there and
how they did?

DR

Please help save cycle racing.
Support us in the "UCI and Doping Solution" thread.

Jan

Old May 24th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Thu, 24 May 2007 14:51:47 +0100, "Jan" wrote:

DirtRoadie wrote:
On May 24, 7:23 am, wrote:
Where do we go from here?

Well I'm wondering what we will be learning about Telekom riders in,
say, the '96 Tour. Anybody remember who was riding for them there and
how they did?

DR

Please help save cycle racing.
Support us in the "UCI and Doping Solution" thread.

Sorry, bad idea.

It sounds good, but walk it through from the POV of each player. You'd think a
game as clever and subtle as bike racing that depends so much on understanding
and working with and against the self-interests and resources of your
competitors would produce better thinking than that silly, dramatic gesture.

That's what it is, silly and dramatic. Makes as much sense as going to the front
and riding everyone off your wheel.

A good system is one that forces the riders, however reluctantly, to work with
the system. Not one that forces them to fight it to the death. The present
system and the one you propose do that.

Ron
Old May 24th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Please help save cycle racing.
Support us in the "UCI and Doping Solution" thread.

Are you under the laughable impression that you can do anything and
that the UCI will listen to you?

Old May 24th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:27:11 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

A good system is one that forces the riders, however reluctantly, to work with
the system. Not one that forces them to fight it to the death. The present
system and the one you propose do that.

The fundamental flaw is the lack of a union that has teeth - and I'm
not particularly a union kind of guy. No matter what you propose, the
rider that is charged or confesses is out in the wind, all by
themselves. Maybe they have a small fortune to burn through, maybe
not, but it is one person and no leverage to straighten any bends in
the system.

It takes a stand up person with way more backbone than most or someone
with nothing more to lose to step away and know pretty much the only
ones with you are the real friends - and no one has as many as they
think - and people you can pay.

Hell, you should see the little things and how people can't make
themselves do the right thing. Too many people choose what they think
other people will think over doing what's right.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 25th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On May 24, 7:39 am, DirtRoadie wrote:
On May 24, 7:23 am, wrote:

Where do we go from here?

Well I'm wondering what we will be learning about Telekom riders in,
say, the '96 Tour. Anybody remember who was riding for them there and
how they did?

It's all coming back to me now that one of them is holding a news
conference tomorrow.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aAc2l_jUDiNI

DR

Old May 25th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike

On May 24, 11:11 pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

It's all coming back to me now that one of them is holding a news
conference tomorrow.http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aAc2l_jUDiNI

DR

I think we can guess what "Mr. 60%" might fess up to.

Mobile Sidekick III................$150 q11ltd Unicycling 0 January 13th 07 04:02 PM
T-Mobile WTF ?!?! debe Racing 16 July 22nd 06 01:10 PM
T-Mobile David Ferguson Racing 3 July 9th 05 10:32 PM
This could really be the end for T-Mobile if it happens. TritonRider Racing 6 September 12th 04 02:43 AM
Bad day for T-Mobile Robert Chung Racing 20 September 9th 04 09:17 PM