I'm a real man, too

Old May 24th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jeff Jones

Default I'm a real man, too

On May 24, 6:44 pm, wrote:
Okay, since admitting to doping appears to get so much approval here,
I'd like to confess that I took Qvar (http://www.qvar.com) before my
ride today. But I don't do it all the time. It's part of a "program"
that I got from my doctor, and I'll be willing to inform on her if
it'll make you guys admire me more.

That's a great start. I'm moved to say that I drink coffee before a
ride. Not all the time, but enough to put me in amongst...that crowd.

Oh hell, I might as well come clean. I drink beer after a ride.
Sometimes lots of it. And for some reason, I usually ride OK the next
day.

Sob.

There. I feel better now.

Jeff

Old May 24th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de
oups.com,
Jeff Jones a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
On May 24, 6:44 pm, wrote:
Okay, since admitting to doping appears to get so much approval here,
I'd like to confess that I took Qvar (http://www.qvar.com) before my
ride today. But I don't do it all the time. It's part of a "program"
that I got from my doctor, and I'll be willing to inform on her if
it'll make you guys admire me more.

That's a great start. I'm moved to say that I drink coffee before a
ride. Not all the time, but enough to put me in amongst...that crowd.

Oh hell, I might as well come clean. I drink beer after a ride.
Sometimes lots of it. And for some reason, I usually ride OK the next
day.

Sob.

There. I feel better now.

Jeff

You spoke too soon!
The deal is that you have to give these things up, now.
(or maybe you can lie about giving them up - optional)
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Old May 24th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 24 May 2007 20:37:59 +0100, Simon Brooke
wrote:

I'm more real man than you. I take Warfarin, which is a performance
degrading drug, to make cycling harder.

Sign of a doper - the blood is leaving your body way faster than the
testers can test it. From all sorts of places. But it is really,
really tested on rats. Lots.

Curtis L. Russell
Who just realized I misspelled the drug earlier...
Old May 24th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On May 24, 5:07 pm, wrote:
On May 24, 11:04 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

I used Lidocaine on a saddle sore before a race in the mid-1990s. I
just can't live with this sort of secret anymore. I am sorry to all my
teammates, my wife and family, and most of all to the sport I love.

I am trying to cry now. Someone please hug me. Someone?

I went for a ride on acid, once, although it seems I spent a lot of
the time watching the oak leaves turn to mulch. I'm sure I would have
hugged you at the time... But I gave all that up.

we often smoke reefer and giggle at the back of the goon ride here in
DC while the hammerhead cat 3s are up front 'putting in the hard
yards' getting ready for the weekend's epic 18 mile flat crit.

Old May 25th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

wrote:
Okay, since admitting to doping appears to get so much approval here,
I'd like to confess that I took Qvar (
http://www.qvar.com) before my
ride today. But I don't do it all the time. It's part of a "program"
that I got from my doctor, and I'll be willing to inform on her if
it'll make you guys admire me more.

Perfect response. I'm tempted to pile on here (knowing it would prove me
a REAL MAN, of course).
Old May 25th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On 24 May 2007 10:44:25 -0700, wrote:

Okay, since admitting to doping appears to get so much approval here,
I'd like to confess that I took Qvar (
http://www.qvar.com) before my
ride today. But I don't do it all the time. It's part of a "program"
that I got from my doctor, and I'll be willing to inform on her if
it'll make you guys admire me more.

Hah, you can have that fancy modern stuff. I use old fashioned albuterol before
*I* ride. Same drug that worked for so many bodybuilders back in the day.

Ron
Old May 25th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 24, 7:09 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
wrote:
On May 24, 8:39 pm, "Sandy" wrote:

I'll call your Qvar with a hit of Ventolin, but the winning hand is DAILY
use of Approvel and Tahor.

Hmmm. Obviously, le peloton roule a deux vitesses.

You dirty dopers! Even down into the non-competing ranks! No wonder the
other Cat 4s all left me behind this year: They doped, and thus didn't
gain 20 pounds each in the off season.

I'd rather be clean,

I once dropped a clif bar in a mountain bike race
and didn't stop to pick it up sob. God, I feel
awful living with this shame. I hope Smokey the Bear
isn't reading this, or that crying Indian from the
TV commercial.

Also, although I am not a _habitual_ doper, I am a
habitual dope.

Also, I used to ride with these guys who famously
"knew all the burn spots in XXXXXXXXX County"
(and I don't mean forest fires; gwhite can explain)
and I knew it was against the law, "but still I
said nothing," as in the Martin Niemoller aphorism.
I see now that my failure to inform on my fellows
was wrong.

Ben
Next, I'm going to write a confessional memoir
called "A Thousand Little T-Patches." Ryan
Cousineau will beat me to market with a memoir
called "A Thousand Little Donuts."

Old May 25th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

wrote:
On May 24, 8:39 pm, "Sandy" wrote:

[...]

Problem is, mine really will be true.

Only a thousand?

Old May 25th 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

wrote:

I used Lidocaine on a saddle sore before a race in the mid-1990s. I
just can't live with this sort of secret anymore. I am sorry to all my
teammates, my wife and family, and most of all to the sport I love.

I am trying to cry now. Someone please hug me. Someone?

I went for a ride on acid, once, although it seems I spent a lot of
the time watching the oak leaves turn to mulch. I'm sure I would have
hugged you at the time... But I gave all that up.

we often smoke reefer and giggle at the back of the goon ride here in
DC while the hammerhead cat 3s are up front 'putting in the hard
yards' getting ready for the weekend's epic 18 mile flat crit.

Hmm, the helmet zealot smokes pot while on a ride. What will the children think!

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.