Is it just me? (pointless rambling)

Old December 11th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default Is it just me? (pointless rambling)

Or does "Schwalbe" sound like something one would find on a department
store "English Racer" (casual upright) type bicycle?

(I'm taling about the NAME, you understand. I've heard the tires are
actually a very good quality)

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old December 11th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

"It's Chris" wrote:
Or does "Schwalbe" sound like something one would find on a department
store "English Racer" (casual upright) type bicycle?

(I'm taling about the NAME, you understand. I've heard the tires are
actually a very good quality)

No. Schwalbe is a Germanic name.

Continental is a much more English sounding (but the company is based in
Hanover).

What country does this tire bring to mind?
http://www.danscomp.com/444120.php

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old December 12th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
mark

"Schwalbe" is German for "swallow" (the bird, not the verb). No, not a
name that belongs with cheap bikes. I must say, though, their best
touring tires are awful damn heavy for a product that's named after a bird.

mark

Old December 12th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chalo

mark wrote:

"Schwalbe" is German for "swallow" (the bird, not the verb). No, not a
name that belongs with cheap bikes. I must say, though, their best
touring tires are awful damn heavy for a product that's named after a bird.

Perhaps didn't think "Büffel" had a nice ring to it.

Chalo
Old December 12th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jorg Lueke

On Dec 12, 1:29*am, Chalo wrote:
mark wrote:

"Schwalbe" is German for "swallow" (the bird, not the verb). No, not a
name that belongs with cheap bikes. I must say, though, their best
touring tires are awful damn heavy for a product that's named after a bird.

Perhaps didn't think "Büffel" had a nice ring to it.

Chalo

Albatross is the same in English and German.
Old December 16th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

It's Chris wrote:
Or does "Schwalbe" sound like something one would find on a department
store "English Racer" (casual upright) type bicycle?

(I'm taling about the NAME, you understand. I've heard the tires are
actually a very good quality)

*- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"